Dining near Sheraton

Search

Dining near Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dining near Sheraton

What nice restuarants we can walk to from the Sheraton on Maui?
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 01:41 PM

In Whalers Village just a short walk for the Sheraton are Lelani's, Rusty Harpoon and Hula Grill or any of the restaurants at the Hyatt. You can do a search for Whalers Village and I think there is a list of restaurants and stores. The Rusty Harpoon is our favorite.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 02:14 PM

I look for the Rusty Harpoon in the restuarant section of Fodors and it is not listed. Is it too new?
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

I too had read something about Rusty Harpoon but could not find it on Fodor's restuarant list for Maui or in the blue bible.

A few people have suggested on these boards but I don't know much about it.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:30 PM

I had lunch at the Rusty Harpoon on my trip a few weeks ago. We enjoyed it. The food was fine, but we were eating light on that particular day. We were able to get a table right at the rail, so there was a nice view. It is just a bit further back off the beach than Hula Grill and Leilanis. I ate ate Leilanis on a previous trip and would rate them about the same.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 06:06 AM

The Rusty Harpoon is not new. It has been there since we started visiting Kaanapali in 2000. The food is really good for lunch and dinner. I hear they are the only restaurant on Kaanapali beach that service breakfast, although we have never had breakfast there. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and they do not rush you to finish because there are people waiting in a long line for your table. I guess it is personal preference but I liked it much better than the Hula Grill for Dinner. Here is the web site for Whalers Village and the Rusty Harpoons website.

http://www.whalersvillage.com/dine/restaurant.htm

http://www.rustyharpoon.com/
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:58 AM

Just retrned from a trip to Maui. We also stayed at the Sheraton and had no trouble finding places to eat. I really enjoyed a sunset dinner at Leilani's (upstairs dining room for best ocean view). Lunch at Hula's was awesome - My husband and I enjoyed a great chicken sandwhich and thin crust pizza. If you walk past Whaler's Village there are other hotels (Westin, Marriot) further south. We didn't eat at any of their restuarants, but there was one at the Westin called Tropica that looked very cool.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 09:09 AM

The Rusty Harpoon is about 25 years old, but for some reason it is not listed in many restaurant guides. My guess is that Mr. Metcalfe, the owner, does not feel it is necessary to do much advertising.