Cubs tickets... help!

Search

Cubs tickets... help!

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cubs tickets... help!

i am trying to buy 5 tickets for July 24 -26 Cubs game. I'm finding prices all over the place. My question is where to sit. Reserved vs bleachers.

I've read to avoid the bleachers. The prices on these seem to be the same or greater than reserved. Is this area un-assigned seating? Too rowdy for a family?

What is difference in outfield / infield upper deck? Is one more preferable?

I had hoped to see two games but one is more likely what will happen so I want to make this as memorable as possible.

Any help is appreciated

One more question: how early can you get into park before game when it maybe possible to see players?
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:54 PM

Bleachers are first come first served. They are the most famous seats at Wrigley. The games are against a division rival (the Reds) so they could be rowdy but I don't think they will be out of control. Infield Upper Deck is more preferable as you are closer to home plate, but depending on which section of OF, you might be 1 section to the side of the infield, which isn't that big of a deal, especially if you can get 1 of the first few rows. This being said, getting 5 tickets together may get quite expensive for any seats other than bleachers. Try stubhub or Craigslist. I use www.seatdata.com to get the view from the specific section before buying.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

thank you. and yes the prices are crazy! I've looked at stubhub and ebay so I'll now check craigslist.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM

I was just on Stubhub and there are tickets available for 5 seats between $50 and $80. This is probably the best you are going to do. For comparison, I spent $220 for Cardinals - Cubs last year for my ticket (Infield Grandstand). There are 5 tickets in Section 229 (where I sat) for $73 apiece. These are great seats and give a great view of the park. There are some additional fees per ticket on Stubhub but I cannot remember how much.

The gates open at Wrigley 1.5 hours before the game. But part of the fun is walking around outside of the stadium so be sure to do both.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM

One other thing to note is there is not shade in the bleachers and you are talking about a July game. It could be brutal. It's just something to consider if it's a day game. Some people love that kind of heat and humidity, others prefer to have shade by sitting in a covered spot.
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

I bought my tickets last night through stubhub. I wanted to avoid the bleachers so I got the infield upper level. I didn't want to wait too much longer. I am happy and my DS2 is over the moon! He is looking forward to this so much.

My thought is we will see Friday';s game and maybe DH and DS2 will be able to score tickets for another game.

Thanks for your help!

PS we will do the Wrigley Field tour!!
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM

Enjoy it. Wrigley is a great stadium and a great time. Hopefully, you see the Cubs win. I wasn't so lucky last year.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Sorry for the doublepost but if you want to see a second game, go to US Cellular for a White Sox game if they are home. It is a really nice stadium.