Search

Yankee Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 03:50 AM
xxx

Yankee Tickets

I have checked the yankee website for tickets. We will be in town in July and would like to attend the Sunday July 20th game at 1:00. The best tickets available are for $18.00 (tier reserved). Is there a chance that more tickets (better seating) will be released at a later date? Are these the best seats we are likely to get at this time? How decent is this location in the stadium: Section 2, Row U? Thanks!!!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Bill

The yankees.com shows the seating diagram and when you click on the various sections it shows you the view. Section 2, tier reserved, is the top level behind home plate. Row U will be up there. Looks pretty good, the whole stadium will be in front of you. Bring binoculars.

Baseball teams don't hold back seats, generally speaking. I don't know what the Yankees do, for certain. The best seats are bought by season ticket holders and they are usually "use it or lose it". Some teams that have low ticket sales might allow season ticket holders to sell back some seats to the team for resale. That's not going to happen at Yankee Stadium, I would bet. Especially for a Sunday afternoon game.

Scalpers will have better seats on the day of the game, but I would probably get the tickets you saw and bring bincoulars.

In Houston and San Diego, I got baseball tickets at the stadium on the day of the game. They weren't very good, so I found the team's office in the stadium and explained that I was visiting from out of town, that this might be my only visit ever to the stadium. I got a better seat.

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The availability depends on whom the Yankees are playing. If it their arch-enemy Red Sox, then be happy with those tickets!
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 01:38 PM

These are the best tickets you will get. Weekends in the summer sell out fast. I think your seats are high up behind home plate, and they are fine. All the seats in Yankee stadium are good. Have fun!
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 05:14 PM

They are playing Cleveland and its 1947 World Series Replica Pin Day, so that's why your seats are a little up there!! You are in the last few rows of that section but directly behind home plate. Have fun!!
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 05:57 AM
al

Not a bad seat. You're not close to the field but the view is good from up there. Definitely bring your binos, and get there a couple hours early and visit the monuments in left center field. Yankee Stadium hotdogs are outstanding but service at the concessions can be slow, so try to get all that sorted out before game time, and fyi -- there are 2 large merchandise shops on the field level behind 3rd base and 1st base.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Outstanding hot dogs at Yankee stadium? Although I agree that it is a great place to see a game, the food would not be one of the high points IMHO. Enjoyed the whole experience when we saw a night game a few years ago, including Matsui's walk-off home run, but I thought the food was pretty bad.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Of course you could go to Boston and see the WORLD CHAMPION RED SOX play!!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Check Ebay-I go to atleast 6 games a year, and pretty much always get my tickets there,often paying less than face value. As for the location of the seats, I realized several years ago that a seat in the stadium is a seat,and the "nose bleeds" are fine.The lower tiers are outrageously priced-unless you're fine with the bleacher seats-a whole experience in itself. Stay away from the foul poles,as they can be obstructive. I personally prefer first base line seats between first and right field,especially now that my Tino is back!
Have fun at the game!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM

Is there some reason we're answering a 2003 question?
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 03:22 AM

Wow! Don't I feel like a dope! Didn't notice the date...I wonder how Marilyn found this to restart....
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 03:27 AM

Well, it is interesting in that it basically shows the date and time registration started!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:15 AM

When the post in in the first 50 messages,one(or I guess a few of us) would assume it's a new topic,and read the responses,not necessarily checking the date and time stamp that's what I get for being online when I should have been in bed!
The $18.00 mentioned ticket price should have caught my eye,too! Those were the days...
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:37 AM

Oops, I guess I am guilty as charged. I forgot I had done a search about Yankees tickets, and wasn't really paying attention to dates. Just couldn't resist weighing in with my opinion about those hot dogs!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:31 AM

Don;t feel bad - I started to answer it - and then thought about the price of the seats - and went back to check the date.