Crest Hotel Suites in South Beach, FL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any insight to share about this boutique hotel? I am attending an event in July at the Convention Center and want to be within walking distance. Most important factors are cleanliness, price, and noise factor. The price is definitely right for this hotel. I don't need frills, but want to be comfortable and able to sleep at night.

If not the Crest, any other suggestions? Night life on South Beach is NOT important for this trip.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:19 AM
granniem

It got so-so reviews on Trip Advisor

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM

We stayed at the SoBeYou B&B and liked it. Good location -- quiet but within walking distance to South Beach, restaurants, etc.
As an aside, there's a weird criticism of SoBeYou on Trip Advisor: Someone complained that they were led to believe the place was "gay friendly" but (gasp!) there were straight couples there. I wonder how that person would have felt if I wrote a review saying I was upset because there were gay couples there.
Anyway, the place is run (well) by a lesbian couple, and you'll find straights and gays there. If either one bothers you, stay away!
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I read the reviews of the Crest on Trip Advisor, which made it sound fine but no frills, so I was wondering if anyone had firsthand experience. May check out that SoBeYou also.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:13 AM
GoTravel

Kate, I haven't stayed at the hotel but if my memory serves me correctly, the location is a tad bit dicey. I would not feel comfortable there if I was staying alone and I solo travel all the time.

Unfortunately, Miami has a whacked out crime rate and there are a lot of homeless on the beach.

Since July is off season, you should be able to find some really good deals.

The Courtyard By Marriott is a great hotel and walking distance to the convention center.