Country inn the City/B & B's in NYC???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the "Country inn the City" in the upper west side of NYC? Or does anyone know of any other nice B & B's in NYC?
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:34 AM

We stayed at the Inn on 23rd in Chelsea and loved it. I would highly recommend it-great atmosphere and great location. Their website is Innon23rd.com
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 06:44 AM

Here's a page about it with some links to other reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

No personal experience but I think Chelsea Lodge is a similar sort of place, maybe a bit more budget minded.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 07:37 AM

We have stayed there and loved it. The rooms are huge compared to normal hotel rooms and the neighborhood can't be beat. You will love it. My only complaint is that they have a 3 nt minimum, so you can't go for a quick weekend stay.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:24 PM

Hi, swalter...
Thanks for the website! The Inn on 23rd looks great. However, I'm not really familiar with the different areas in New York. For example, how far is Chelsea from Times Square or from Greenwich Village? I know we'll want to see a couple of Broadway shows, eat at Katz's Deli, spend some time in Greenwich Village, etc. I notice from the map, that the Inn on 23rd is not far from Broadway, so it seems it would be easy enough to take public transportation. Were you able to walk to most places or did you have to take a cab everywhere?

Sandy
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:53 PM

The Inn at 23rd is right smack in between Times Square and the Village. Okay...a little closer to the Village. You could walk to both from there if you wanted. There are trains on every corner of West 23rd (5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Avenues) all of which will take you to Times Sq and Village in just a couple stops.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:08 PM

Hello:

Another vote for Inn on 23rd Street. The inn gets booked up very fast with the limited rooms. The breakfast is quite lovely. We loved the location and agree you can either walk or catch the subway close by.

I also think Country Inn The City would be quite lovely but gets booked up very fast and it was not available during our stay in this neighborhood. This is a terrific area as well with lots of eating places.

Please post a report of where you decide to stay and how you liked it.

Sandy