Broadway Inn in New York

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Michele

Broadway Inn in New York

I am a single female planning a trip to New York. It looked like Broadway Inn is a reasonably priced hotel.Also Excelsior had some good rates. Is this in a safe area? I would like to save some money to spend on other things, but don't want to feel unsafe or stay somewhere that is not nice.

Thanks,

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Michele

The next tier of hotels I was considering was the Michelangelo, Meridien, Algonquin, or Lucerne.
What are the +/-'s of these.

Thanks

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Statia

I haven't heard of Broadway Inn, but then again, I don't live in NYC. Where is it located? We might be able to give you more info from the location (cross streets).

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:15 PM
sluggo

I have stayed at the Broadway Inn -- www.broadwayin.com -- many times and given gift certificates to family. It's on W 46th. It's European style -no elevators, lovely lobby (included continental breakfast served there), and helpful staff in a safe area. When we first went there is was NY's secret, but now harder to get reservations. The rooms are small and clean. I highly recommend it.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:16 PM
sluggo

oops - that's www.broadwayinn.com of course.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Nina

Michele, I have a good friend who has stayed at the Broadway Inn several times, both alone and with another woman. She loves the hotel and the location. It is close to the theaters and restaurants and she feels safe walking home at night.

She said that the staff is very friendly. We will probably stay there on a future trip.

There have been numerous posts about it on Fodors.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 04:30 PM
rqf

All hotels mentioned in both notes are all locasted in safe areas.
Broadway Inn - 46th and 8th Ave. Right in the heart of the theater district. Four story walkup - no elevator.
Excelsior - 81st near Columbus Avene across the street from Natural History Museum. One half block from Central Park. In area known as upper west side - a residential area. 1 1/2 miles north of Times Sq. and theater district
Lucerne - 79th and Amsterdam, a short walk from the Excelsior. One block from Broadway. Also the upper west side and residential. 1 1/2 miles from theater district. Less than 10 minutes by subway to 42nd St.
Algonguin - in midtown on West 44th St. just west of 5th Ave. Convenient to Times Square, theaters and 5th Ave.
Michelangelo - W. 51st Between 6th and 7th Ave, a convenient location close to everyhing in midtown.
Le Parker Meridien - W.57th between 6th and 7th. Two blocks from Central Park. Short walk to 5th Avenue, 1/2 mile from Theater district.
I don't think you could go wrong with any of the hotels mentioned

Old May 4th, 2002, 02:52 PM
xxx

I stayed at the Broadway Inn on a trip by myself in October. Compared to other places I've stayed in New York, it was by far the smallest room but definitely the cleanest and quietest. Also the friendliest.

Great location if you're doing theater and dining. Also near several subway stops giving you access to different lines. The area is tourists and taxis all night out dining, etc. so it felt very safe to walk alone.

I'm planning to stay at this hotel again next winter.