Reload this Page >

Colorado Springs in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:37 AM
fred

Planning a four night trip to Colorado Springs the first of November with my wife. Need advice on a nice place to stay and good restaurants. What should I expect as far as weather? Would appreciate local information and those who have traveled there recently. Thanks.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:46 AM
x

There is the possibility that you could get hit with heavy snow. (That likely would be nearly gone by noon the next day). There is also the possibility that your could enjoy gorgeous, sunny 70 degree days. Makes it fun to pack for, though!

One October trip, we got hit with day after day of snow - in mid October. Another time, Thanksgiving week, we sat out on a restaurant patio enjoying 70 degree temps. Enjoy!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Ali

Fred

Good Restaurants -
Craftwood Inn - Colorado Game included on menu - on the pricer side.
Marigolds - Trendier with pricer dinner menu. Great for lunch! But gets very crowded - try to go at 11:30 or 1:30 if possible.
El Tesoro - Wonderful Santa Fe Mexican food! Not too expensive and usually not too crowded.
Broadmoor - Always delicious - always pricey.

Hotels - Let me know what you are looking at and I can try to give you an opinion.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 10:20 AM
cedar

Excuse me...but WHY do you want to go to Colorado Springs?
We just drove thru that way and I was shocked by the wall to wall developement...total run away sprawl with bad air to go with it...the traffic was terrible, also.
On the return trip we avoided going near there.....
It is terrible how "they" have allowed Colorado Springs to grow....it looks like it just happened with NO planning.
Yuck!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Ali

And please Cedar do tell us what perfect community you reside in so we know what your comparison is......

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:38 AM
agree

Agree with Cedar why the Springs? If you really want to go there they ONLY place to go is the Broadmoor. Other than that is just another town with lots of right wing ppl telling you what your morals should be.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Lenleigh

Fred, I personally have to agree that it would not be my pick to visit but since I currently live in CS I have no choice. What is your definition of really nice??? The Doubletree & Adams Mark are about the only medium tier hotels in town, there is the broadmoor but it may be more $$$ than you want to pay.

Weather in November is very hard to tell at this point.Pack for a blizzard and 80 degree weather because it is very unpredictable. The nights will most likely be colder though.

I also have to agree that Colorado Springs is not very well planned.The city council here seems to wait until the last minute to do things. The growth is much like any other city in Colorado but the city is growing faster than they can keep up with it.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:19 PM
COCO

Fred,
Hubby and I recently traveled through Colorado Springs last August on our drive to Chicago and back. We found a very nice place to stay near the Air Force Academy...the newly opened "Staybridge Suites" on Commerce Center Drive. The one bedroom suite was very nice and well appointed. I would highly recommend it. It had just opened 5 days prior to our stay so everything is brand new. You can check out particulars on the internet.
BTW, we both loved CS and its setting.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:39 AM
casey

If you do not have to go to Colorado Springs why go?
We just returned from a trip to Co and drove thru Co Spgs and I was shocked to see the non-stop sprawl and polluted air.
The air was so bad we could not see Pikes Peak.

If you want to visit that part of the state, why not stay in a small mt town nearby?