Reload this Page >

Client Dinner in Chicago

Search

Client Dinner in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Shan

Client Dinner in Chicago

I need your help. I will be in Chicago this coming weekend for a trade show, and I have a dinner meeting with a client scheduled for Friday night. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place either near O'Hare or downtown that is very nice (but not formal), and cool without being boisterous? Thanks!

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Hello, Morton's comes to mind. That would be my choice for a business dinner. I like Nick's Fishmarket, but it is pricey. I will keep thinking!
Kris

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Kris

Hi again, I should add that these are near Ohare and also downtown. But if you are willing to go downtown for dinner that leave you with a lot of choices. Better to let us know what type of food.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Dave

I was in Chicago recently and ended up dining at Rosebud II which is downtown.

Fantastic dinner, great service and the atmosphere is very nice. Not too expensive, and the menu is excellent.

The reason I mentioned this place is that I noticed a lot of business people dining with clients. It seems to be a popular choice.

Dave

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Gooey

There are obviously a lot of good rests. for what you are looking for. Downtown, I like Ditka's, food is good and sometimes he is in there and place can be fun, Lawry's is good for prime rib and not as expensive as one would think, for some history the Berghoff is good, the food and beer are great and the atmosphere is there. Near O'Hare, how about, Harry Caray's, Gino's East or Carlucci's. Not too far from O'Hare is a Chicago neighborhood called Edison Park, that a couple of very good Italian rests. including Basta Pasta, and a steak place called Elliot's. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:23 AM
abc

How well do you know this client's tastes in food? Is your client a man or a woman? Frankly, Ditka's is about the last place I'd take a woman client unless she was big into sports. Really big. What's their taste in food? Asian, Cajun, Italian, continental? I'd avoid a steak restaurant unless you know that your client loves steak (what if he/she turns out to be vegetarian??). Pick a place with a varied menu--Brasserie Jo was a fun place (but I haven't been there lately). But if your client is European, it would be a bust (in the coals to Newcastle sense).
Give us more info so we can give you better advice.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Cheryl

Look into Brasserie Jo or Wildfire ... I think the atmosphere and menu and both of these would be ideal for what you're looking for.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:33 PM
patg

How about Bin 36 downtown or Zia's in Edison Park (very noisy on Saturday nights, though).

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM
s

White Castle must be quite good. It spent 10 days on this board as a Chicago hot spot for dining.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:00 PM
jerry

Chicago is a very diverse city..there are tons of great places to eat.....Chicago Dinner for vegans...Cafe Iberico for Tapas Sushi Wabbi...Pegasus in Greektown you should check out www.metromix.com and click on dinning...U can select food by price, location, type and it has food critic reviews and diners reviews. It is a great resource...use it!!