Search

Chicago restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 05:33 PM
JWallace

Chicago restaurants

Need good Chicago restaurants with young adult children! Not super expensive.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:41 PM
pizza guy

Deep dish pizza meccas will work: Pizzeria Uno (it's not the chain), Giordano's, Bacino's, Lou Malnati's.....
Chicago institutions all.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Chicago teacher

Giordano's pizza is great. I also recommend Berghoff's for great German food, atmosphere, and Chicago history.

ESPN zone restaurant and game room is good for sports enthusiasts.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:34 AM
dee

I just came back from my first trip to Chicago. Giordano's had great pizza! Also, try Bubba Gumps at the Navy Pier..very cute place a good seafood.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Cheryl

Try Wildfire ... nice atmosphere, great food; saw alot of young people there. Also, Frontera Grill for Mexican ... although they don't take reservations and the wait can be long at peak times.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:09 AM
pigout

Maggiano's is a good Italian place with basic, traditional Italian (there is definitely more authentic to be had in the city, but Maggiano's is great for kids). They take reservations and portions are huge (two kids could easily share a HALF order of pasta and a half salad is good for four people). The waiters aren't always good about letting you know it's huge portions and the above recommendation is based upon a family that likes to eat. I think they have their own website.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:13 AM
w

You can also try Mitey Nice at Water Tower.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Kris

Try one of the Spanish restaurants in Chicago-Cafe Iberico, Cafe-ba-ba-reeba or Emilio's. You can order small appetizer portions of food and try lots of stuff for not too much. Cafe Iberico and Cafe-ba-ba-Reeba are very crowded on Fri/Sat nights.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:20 AM
dee

Try going into Greektown. They have alot of good resturants there too.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Dori

I live and work in downtown Chicago. A lot of these suggestions are very good, but please, please don't go to Pizzeria Uno. The worst. I can't understand the attraction. Giordano's has the best! Greektown is inexpensive and a fun area. Frontera Grill is a bit more expensive, but rated the finest mexican restaurant in the city. Maggiano's is very popular with out-of-towners. Reasonably priced. CRU wine bar and cafe on Rush St. is good for a nice lunch. Enjoy this wonderful city!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Laurie

You say young adult children but everyone keeps referring to kids sharing meals, etc. I am assuming young adults are in their late teens/early 20s?? Pizza is a good suggestion but too obvious. Frontera is very good Mexican and rated best in the country not just Chicago but not at all traditional Mexican and the young adults might not like fish tacos, etc. I think Maggiano's is a good suggestion. My 16 year old son loves the huge portions. We also like to go to Scoozi which is another Lettuce Entertain You restaurant. There always seems to be a young crowd there (kids in their 20s). You can check out the menus for Maggiano's, Scoozi and Wildfire at www.leye.com. I am also not too sure about the Tapas places mentioned. While I love them, my son wouldn't like them. Have fun!