Search

Chicago Dining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:14 PM
ginny

Chicago Dining

I will be visiting Chicago in October and staying in the Lakeview area. Any recommendations for restaurants in this area? I'm open to pretty much to any type of food.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:32 PM
targ

The best meal I have ever eaten was at Arun's in Chicago. We had a friend who took us there. Very expensive fixed price meal and it was in a part of Chicago that required us to take a taxi, but by golly it was absolutely worth every penny. Elegant Thai food with fabulous service. Actually, just about every meal we had in Chicago was great, but I don't remember the names of all the restaurants. I think I wrote them down somewhere. I'll look for them tonight or tomorrow and will get back to you if I find the list. Have a great time!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 07:50 PM
jo

Buy a copy of Chicago magazine when u get to town. Pick out the location and kind of restaurant and check the ratings

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Racy

Lakeview is absolutely full of restaurants, from cheap Thai noodle houses to steak houses.

I really recommend one of the restaurant search tools -- either Metromix (Chicago Tribune) or the Chicage Reader (chireader.com, which I prefer) to narrow your choices.

HTH,
Racy

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Laurie

I really like Mia Francesca's. Very good Italian food. I agree that you should checkout Metromix.com because you can search by area, cuisine, etc. If you don't know Chicago well, Chicago Magazine might not be specific enough for the area you are looking for. Metromix also has personal reviews which I like to read.