Chicago for music-loving teens - ideas?

Old Apr 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago for music-loving teens - ideas?

Hi, We'll bring kids ages 20, 17, 12 to Chicago 4/4 - 4/7. They love music & play guitar, piano (rock, blues mostly) -- any good places to tour? Especially blues performance where kids can get in? Also, any other ideas appreciated! Thanks. Jodi
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM

I bet the House of Blues Sunday gospel brunch would be a big hit for a start.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Tx - I wish! But we have to leave Sat afternoon for son's job..... Anything for Thurs or Friday night (or Sat lunch?)
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM

Since your time is limited and your children are underage you may be restricted to the jazz players on the street corners. Most places to hear jazz in the city are clubs that the kids can't get into. Maybe you should plan a trip during Jazz Fest.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM

Jodi, with all due respect, I suggest that you do a little research on Metromix (Chicago Tribune's online entertainment site), the City of Chicago website or the Chicago Reader website for entertainment ideas for when you are here.

That being said, no comment on the availability of seating or tickets at this late date, but you might check out what's going on at the Chicago Cultural Center or the Old Town School of Folk Music in Lincoln Square.

Please note that, as of tomorrow, the CTA will be starting a huge project on the Red, Brown and Evanston Express/Purple El Lines that will substantially reduce the number of trains and increase travel times. So if you are planning on taking any of those lines on or to the northside, build a quite a bit of extra time into your schedule - or plan on using busses as alternative routes. See the CTA website for details.