Reload this Page >

Car rental deals in Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Tina

Anyone know of a "good deal" as far as rental cars?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:06 AM
sss

A lot of people are bidding for deals Tina, see biddingfortravel.com. I can't comment from personal experience I only rent. We got our best deal by first getting AAA membership and then giving on rental. We found this out by call carriers based in Kauai which is something you should do anyway. Deals change every season.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
j

we rent from alamo get convertible for 1 week for about $209 go to alamo.com rate code 6T

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Mo

If you are a memebr of a warehouse club, check their deals. We got a very good rate using the Costco discount code with Avis. If you're staying at the Princeville Resort, they also had a special deal with Avis, at least they did a couple of months ago.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:56 AM
BlueDevil

What is rate 6T? That worked out to be a great deal, I was wondering if it requires a coupon or a particular membership?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:28 AM
j

no membership or coupon i just get them from thisweek kauai.com

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Dan

http://www.thisweek.com/kauai/activitiesList.html

That is a good deal!!

I just got off the phone with Alamo and they said I didn't need any coupon or anything to get the rate.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Sarah

thanks Dan that is really helpful

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Sarah

Dan I just called they told me I could get a better rate with AAA membership. I got a shocker though they are already out of SUV'S....SHUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

524 with tax for 15 days for a midsize.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:07 PM
sss

524 included tax I should have said

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Dan

I haven't checked into AAA rates. I've gotten a few AAA rate codes from the web, but they only seemed to save about $50 off the regular price.

Have you checked a 2 week rental -vs- a 15 day rental? Sometimes you can come off cheaper renting for the 2 weeks.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Dan

Actually it would be 3 weeks instead of 2, and since you're only over by one day, I'm sure the 15 days wiould be cheaper. You should be able to find a "get one day free" coupon (there's one for Alamo in the Entertainment book).

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Iza

I have a reservation with Budget for $509 total (incl. tax) for 2 weeks - for a full size car. I guess it is pretty good. I used some type of a discount code that was listed a while ago on biddingfortravel.com

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:04 PM
sss

lza would appreciate it if you could find the code you used. You were wise to book ahead I am finding some locations booked out of certain car models.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Iza

Sarah, here is the code
BCD #V744901
It is valid through tomorrow. You can also print a coupon for additional $15 off.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:19 PM
sss

thanks Lza it is giving me a rate of 855 for 15 days full size car. Oh I am so scrjksfsd for doing this late.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Iza

Sarah, our reservation says "rate code X-CQ" - maybe that will help.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Iza

Sarah, not sure where you are checking but the code I gave you for Budget brings up $237.99 per week for full size (through Orbitz). That should give you around $600 max including tax for 2 weeks.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Iza

Sarah, Here is the link for the Budget discount:
www.bnm.com/budget3day.htm

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Morg

Hi Tina. We booked a convertible mustage with budget for $505 for 9 days. That included fees and taxes. I used a Sam's Club discount.

I do know from experience to avoid Hertz and Enterprise, especially in Hawaii. Their rental contract, which they won't show you until you pick up the car, has many loopoles. Also, they try to push you to buy their "insurance". First of all they are not licensed agents and can't sell insurance. What they really sell is a "waiver" not to screw you if you are involved in an accident. And their employees always use the same old scare tactics by saying, "You know your insurance won't cover you if you have an accident in our car". We'll this is simply BS and I wish the department of insurance would lower the boom on them for saying that. Check with you agent about the particular details on your policy before purchasing thier "insurance/waiver".