Reload this Page >

Sheraton in San Diego and Santa Monica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Laurie

We found a good rate at the Sheraton San Diego (on Harbor Island)for $169 per night and also at the Four Points Sheraton Santa Monica for $147 per night. Has anyone stayed at these hotels? How was your experience? Is this a good rate? Also, how is Harbor Island? Is this a good location in San Diego? I read alot about Coronado on this forum and it sounds like it is very nice but also more expensive. I haven't seen anything regarding Harbor Island. Thanks for any input.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Laurie

Anyone??

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Melissa

Harbpr Island is across from the airport in San Diego. Pretty good location, you may be able to get a bay view room. Pretty close to downtown Maritime Museum, Seaport Village bus/shuttle ride away). Definitely need a car to get anywhere else, but that's the case with anywhere in SD. Not much within walking distance (a few restaurants, bayside walk path).
No info on SM. Sorr.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:06 PM
paul

Harbor Island is across from the airport and you may have a noise problem. It is popular with business travelers due to its good location to both the airport and downtown. You may have the impression that it is an island but it is man-made and is not residential. It has restaurants hotels and business mostly involved in boating. Coronado is residential and will feel more like a destination resort location. There are lots of good hotels in San diego in your price range and you may want to give more detail on the type of experience you are looking for in San diego.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:22 AM
x

for $169/night, i'd consider other hotels.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Laurie

Thanks everyone. x, do you have any options for other hotels in that price range?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:05 AM
lani

hi laurie,

i stayed at the four points sheraton santa monica this past spring.

the hotel is pretty decent, not anything fancy. i think the weekend rate was about $170/nt.

the staff i found to be very friendly, and the rooms were standard and i think most had an ocean view.

the underground parking is a little narrow and the driveway steep, but it's about a 20-25 min walk to the pier or to 3rd st. promenade so once we parked we didn't use the car for our stay. be careful, some parking stalls are 2 cars deep so if that's all the stalls that are left you have to see someone upstairs.

i thought the hotel a little small and basic compared to sheratons in general, but i think the price is average for the area and i didn't have any complaints. had a problem with the non-smoking room i requested not being available, but that was sorted out quickly.

never stayed at the sheraton in san diego, sorry.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:21 PM
Laurie

We ruled out the Sheraton in San Diego but are still considering the Four Point Sheraton in Santa Monica. Anyone else stay there??

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 10:31 AM
x

san diego - check out
catamaran
best western blue sea lodge
best western bayside
pacific terrace
bahia
best western on faye avenue in la jolla

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Kim

Laurie..
I'm really sorry that the posters before rated the Sheraton San Diego as an average hotel.

You ruled out an excellent hotel, that is close to everything.Gaslamp Quarter - 3 Miles
Horton Plaza - 3 Miles
San Diego Convention Center - 3 Miles
San Diego Zoo - 3 Miles
Seaport Village - 3 Miles
Sea World Park - 5 Miles
Mission Beach - 8 Miles
Qualcomm Stadium (Formerly known as the Jack Murphy Stadium) - 7 Miles
San Diego State University - 9 Miles
La Jolla - 10 Miles
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) - 11 Miles

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:19 PM
kam

Stayed at the Four Points in Santa Monica last spring. Room was average "motel" type place--clean but typical. The parking situation is terrible. We were visiting relatives in the Valley and by the time we returned each night only the double spaces were available. One morning it took 15 minutes to find the valet to move another car. One morning we go a nasty note about how our car was parked too close. It's an easy walk to the pier but not as central in Santa Monica as they would have you believe. We stayed there on Sheraton points, but I don't think I would return nor would I want to pay for it. Check the Best Western Ocean View's rates, the Hotel California or the old art deco Shangra La. There is a shuttle in central Santa Monica but it's not too convenient to the Four Points.