Notices

Cannon Beach restaurants

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:22 PM
kats

Cannon Beach restaurants

Any recommendations on restaurants in Cannon Beach, Oregon? Casual or gourmet. We just want good food. We are going mid May. Thanks!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Plagiarist

Try:

The Rusty Scupper
The Fishin' Net
The Captain's Table
The Lobster Shanty
The Skippers Rest
The Crows Nest

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Fishlover

Try Doogers. Great!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:15 PM
beachbum

The best gourmet is the restaurant at the Stephanie Inn, an upscale B&B (probably the nicest place to stay in town). For casual, bordering on fast food, I like the little restaurant & seafood market one block inland from the main street, center of town, behind the log house restaurant (which BTW isn't too bad either). Can't remember the name of the place, but the fish & chips, clam strips, fried oysters, and even the burgers are all pretty good.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:58 AM
kats

Thank you for the recommendations. Actually, we are staying at The Stephanie Inn and I wondered about the dining there. It sounds great. Thank you. Also, I am assuming that Doogers is seafood, which we love. Would you say that these are "locals" places?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:29 AM
beachbum

Doogers is seafood, but I don't think it's anything special...a basic family style restaurant definitely targeting the tourist market (as do almost all places in Cannon Beach). Expect to pay around $125, including a reasonable bottle of wine, at the Stephanie; out of range for most locals.

A couple other places come to mind: The Whaler and another nice one in a B&B. Both of these are located about 1/3 mile south of the town center on the beach side of the road, close to the SurfSand Resort. The Whaler is upscale from Doogers, and the restaurant in the B&B (big white box-shaped building on the corner) is better yet. But neither of these hold a candle to Stephanie. Of all of them (including Doogers), The Whaler is the only one with a decent ocean view.

Cannon Beach is a cute, artsy, little beach town, with a number of nice galleries and shops. It's great any time of year, even when the weather sucks (which is most of the time)! Especially if you're staying at the Stephanie.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:45 AM
kats

Beachbum, Thank you so much for all this great info. We will take your advice on these restaurants. I have never been to Cannon Beach and can't wait to go. Thank you again to all.