Search

Buying NY Giants Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying NY Giants Tickets

Hi
I am returning to New York for Christmas and New Year. I have noticed that the Giants are playing on the 30th of December and was hoping to buy tickets from a reputable source. The official sites are not selling currently but have noticed alot on ticket re-sellers or scalper sites. Does anyone have advice about when/if the official sites start to sell them, or a particular resale site that is more reliable. I am an avid sports fan from NZ, though currently living in Australia and whilst having little knowledge of the game am a fan of anything New York, so am determined to try and get to the match. All advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Justin
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM

Part of your 'problem' for tickets next year is that tickets haven't been allocated for sale. Clubs will try to maximize season ticket sales, and I'm sure the Giants will have a lot more season ticket holders. Once that period is over, then the tickets go on sale to the general public.

Because of the Superbowl appearance last year, individual tickets will be snapped up almost immediately, by both consumers and reseller.

I'm afraid your only recourse, unless you know exactly when tickets will be available to the public, will be to go through resellers.

It seems that professional teams have turned over ticket sales to third party ticket companies. For the NFL, it is Ticketmaster.

In the MLB, it seems they're now using Stub Hub as their ticket agency.

Basically, these sites are not only ticket sellers, but also ticket resellers.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:08 AM

Um, it's a game. We don't have "matches" - I think that's soccer.

Changes of getting tickets from the team are slim. I think you would need to check the web site regularly to see when/if individual tickets go on sale - but assume they will not be good seats. Getting from the reseller (at a premium - the size of which will depend n part in how their earlier games go - but that way you might have a chance at better seats if you're willing to spend for them. (Because it's over the holidays some families will be ot of town - either skiing or sunning so some number of season tickets will be listed for resale for that game - unless they're given as christmas presents.)
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:44 AM
Original Poster

Cheers guys... I shall stalk official sites for tickets over the next few months... then pay some "reseller" a premium for his nose bleed seat!
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM

You will pay a LARGE premium for the tickets.

First, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants have few, if any, individual tickets available at any time.

Second, the December 30 game is against the Eagles, who are the spawn of Satan and are the most despised rival of the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.

Third, there may be a playoff spot on the line in this game - the demonspawns finished second in the division in 2011; the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants finished first and won the division (and a playoff spot) on the last game of the season in 2011.

Fourth, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants have not beaten the denizensofHades at home since 2007, so that's extra incentive for Giants fans to retain their tickets and attend the game.

Also, note that the game is currently scheduled for 1 pm and that is only 50% likely to remain the time slot: if the game has playoff implications, it will be switched to either 4:15 pm or 8 pm.

Compare the main resellers: StubHub, Razor Gator, Vivid Seats and others to get the best deal.