Search

New York NFL ticket advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New York NFL ticket advice

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody here can give me some advice. I am travelling to NY in Nov this year for 8 days. My boyfriend is a HUGE nfl fan and since I am dragging him to a musical I think he deserves to see a football game. I have looked at the current fixtures and i can see that the NY Giants are playing Green Bay while we are there (Nov 17). I have no idea how to go about getting tickets so I have a few questions.

1. Do tickets need to be bought in advance or can i buy them when we get to NY?

2. Are the any does and donts with buying tickets?

If anyone could give me any advice it would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks a mil.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM

The best place to buy tickets for NFL games is through the NFL Ticket Exchange.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM

Giants tickets are very hard to come by as the majority of seats are pre-sold to Season Ticket holders and the games are almost always complete sell outs. FYI Season Tickets as so coveted the "rights" to them are sometimes passed on to family members by a Will.

Right now NFL Ticket Exchange shows there are no "Giants" tickets available so you'll have to keep checking the NFL Ticket Exchange website to see if any become available in the coming months.

There are tickets available for some of the NY Jets games but not the weekend of November 17.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM

If you are lucky enough to get tickets expect to pay a VERY high premium for them. Giants tickets are usually close to impossible.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:14 AM

There are currently 2,414 tickets to the Giants-Green Bay game available on stubhub.com The prices and locations vary. You could buy now, or wait until closer to the date of the game. The prices may go up or down, depending on how well those teams are doing as it gets closer to the date of the game. I have bought lots of tickets on StubHub to sporting events, concerts, etc., and have never had anything but a very postive experience.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all the advice. Fingers crossed I get a pair without breaking the bank!!!!
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM

Green Bay is also a team whose fans "travel well" - so I'd get tickets as soon as you can if you can find them on stub hug.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

I did look on stub hub and they have quite a few. Is it safe?
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM

Most NFL teams have a day in the summer when they sell the remaining single-game tickets available on-line. However, these are extremely limited and even if you sign-on seconds into the buying time, you are unlikely to get any.

I would buy from either StubHub or a ticket broker soon. StubHub is slightly less safe than a ticket broker - since you are buying directly from the ticket holder rather than an agency. The only risk is that the ticket owner has made several copies of the ticket and sold them multiple times. Risk is really low - and many, many people have bought tickets this way without a problem. Ticket brokers could in theory have the same problem, but at least you have some recourse with them - although I believe StubHub has a guarantee policy. You absolutely should not wait until you get there.

Attending an NFL game occupies most of the day. Traffic or even public transit takes a while. Most people get there well before the start time. Then the process of crowds and traffic on the return takes a long time. Don't plan on doing anything else that day.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM

Stubhub is reliable - we have used them numerous times for Yankees tickets. But prices will only go up as you get closer to the the game - so much better to buy tickets as soon as you have firm dates.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM

Giants Packers will be a very hard ticket to buy and at a very high price. It's a strong rivalry and the Giants sell out and the Packers fans travel to all stadiums outside of Green Bay. If you can find tickets and don't care what you spend buy now.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Great, thank you. I will get buying now I think.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM

The NFL ticket exchange will have tickets available after they are distributed to Season Ticket holders. That site is where we sell our unwanted tickets.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM

Be prepared to pay. Giants games do not "almost always" sell out, they sell out, period.

You're dealing with a pair of top teams who have played four big games in past three seasons - 2010 when the Pack beat the Giants for a playoff spot, 2011 at MetLife when the Pack was rolling, 2011 playoffs when the Giants beat the Pack and 2012 when the Giants whupped the Pack on Sunday Night Football in a game between, at that point, leaders of their divisions. The cheeseheads do travel well so demand will be high. This isn't a Jets-Bills game between a pair of irrelevant stiffs.

StubHub is safe (and I think they guarantee the tickets - check the site). Do you think StubHub would have lasted this long if it wasn't?

Also check Vivid Seats and Razor Gator. We found comparative bargains for concert tickets at MSG on Vivid Seats (compared to StubHub). Vivid Seats guarantees tickets sold on its site.

You can also check out eBay - but because recourse there is a bit more difficult, you can restrict your purchase to sellers hawking actual tickets, not reprinted emailed tickets.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Best way to buy tickets is to get them in advance. Sometimes for any particular reason they are sold out just a few days or the same day of the game. Besides as someone mentioned most of the seats are presold so it gets everything more expensive and easy to go fast. So my advice is: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you finally get to buy them try to seat in the middle, I don’t know why but to me seems to be the best spot. Food in the stadium is great. It actually makes it a better experience.