Reload this Page >

buying activity tickets from hotel concierge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Marilyn

We are interested in purchasing tickets now for a luau at Christmas. I was wondering if it was possible to buy discounted luau tickets from the concierge at the hotel where the luau is being held, even if you are not staying at that hotel. Has anyone ever done this?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Donna

The concierge would be undercutting the hotel that he is employed by.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:41 PM
xx

Actually, a concierge doesn't usually get discounted tickets (as their specialty is getting hard to get tickets) and you should tip on top of the ticket price. Your best bet is to check the tourist mags for discount coupons or to call the travel kiosks.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:44 PM
xx

A concierge helps just by getting tickets, often hard to find ones, and does not normally shop for bargains. In addition, you should tip them.
Best bet for discounts is to check the local tourist mags for discount coupons, or check the activity/tour sellers.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Patty

A concierge is not the outlet for discounted tickets. They are available as a convenience for guests. Best to check with local activity desks for discounts.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Diane

Marilyn since you mentioned it will be Christmas time, maybe you could slip the concierge a twenty and a wink and maybe they will just give you the tickets. Its worth a try!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Patty

I just thought of something else. You can check the hotel's website. A few of them offer discounts or coupons for their luaus with direct internet bookings.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:04 PM
mbln74a

Hi..don't expect many discounts at Christmas..it is high season & even the discount coupons are not honored because of blackout dates. Sometimes sitting thru a timeshare spiel can get you freebies, but I'd rather pay full price. Have a great trip. Aloha, Linda