Search

Broadway Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Carol

Broadway Advice

I am bringing a group of 7 women to NYC in December. I am trying to decide between these two shows for them. Your comments?
Full Monty
Mama Mia!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Lori

I've seen both and think Mamma Mia is a lot more entertaining. Granted I saw them in London but even still I vote for Mamma Mia (espiecally if you like Abba music).

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Judy

Full Monty was cute. I've heard Mama Mia is better. Don't know if this makes a difference, (and don't know what the situation will be like in December) but as of right now, you can get better seats for Full Monty and there are lots of discounts available. Haven't seen any discounts for Mama Mia.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Howard

You'll probably be okay with either show. However, if you are coming around holiday time in December and you decide on Mamma Mia, you better get the tickets now!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Serena

Saw both shows in New York recently and my vote goes to "Mama Mia". Our group consisted of 40-70 year old women and we all loved "Mama Mia". "Full Monty" was a fun show, but I think you might enjoy "Mama Mia" better. Your group might love "42nd Street" and "Throughly Modern Millie" also.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Carol

Thanks for the replies. I got 7 tickets for Mama Mia! Also the Radio City Christmas Show. Waiting for the tickets for Tony & Tina's Wedding for December to be available. They are only selling until October now.
Thanks again. This board is great!