breakfast in Ashville?

Nov 14th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Susan

breakfast in Ashville?

We are looking for a place to eat breakfast on Sunday. We are staying at Grove Park and would prefer something other than a Sunday brunch. Thanks.

Nov 14th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Mike Honeycutt

Hi Susan - I need more details. Would you be interested in a chain restaurant (like Cracker Barrel or IHop) or something more unique. It would also help to know if you like a traditional breakfast (eggs and bacon) or something else.

Mike Honeycutt

Nov 15th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Susan

Thanks Mike. Would prefer the unique over the chains. Even diners would do. Traditional-style breakfasts would probably be best. Assuming, of course, that they offer grits. One of my favorite breakfast places is on the Eastern Shore of VA in an Exxon gas station. Grits, hash, and biscuits. Yum!

Nov 19th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Bill

There is a restaurant near the Farmer's Market called "The Moose." It serves homemade biscuits and homemade apple butter. Good, traditional type breakfast.
Just curious, where is the Exxon station on the Eastern Shore you referred to? I like the bakery shop in Onancock for donuts/coffee.
Bill
Richmond, Va.

Nov 19th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Susan

The restaurant is called Stingrays. Its in the first Exxon on the right just after the Ches. Bay Bridge Tunnel. Good lunches and dinners too.

Nov 19th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Simon

You might try Tupelo Honey, in downtown Asheville. Classic breakfast foods prepared a little differently, and certainly not Sunday brunch. A yummy place.

Nov 20th, 2002, 06:49 AM
RB

I'd make an early morning run to nearby Black Mountain and eat breakfast at the Red Rocker Inn. You'll need to make reservations- check it out at www.redrockerinn.com.
Very tasty!

Nov 20th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Bill

Susan, thanks for the reply re Stingrays...

Bill
Richmond, Va.