Bobby Van's Grill NYC

Search

Bobby Van's Grill NYC

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bobby Van's Grill NYC

I made reservations for dinner next week at Bobby Van's Grill on Broad Street and was told that while the vault was occupied with a private party that evening, we could be seated "outside." They assured me it was nice, but since I've never been there before, I'm wondering if we'll be eating in a hallway. We're entertaining a young friend who's just moved to the city and is craving a good steak, and while we know the steaks are good at Bobby Van's, we don't want to sit in the alley. The upstairs dining room is more fancy than we like and we thought the vault would be more casual and fun. Can anyone enlighten me about this area outside the vault? Is it a real dining area that frequently used?
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM

absolutely fine.
There is a photo gallery on the website.
www.bobbyvans.com

Ask for Vince if he is there and tell him Ellen Kushman sent you.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:29 AM

I'm a little confused by your "outside" comment. Did you literally mean outside -- or just outside the vault room?

We've only been there once -- for lunch -- thanks to Bugswife's recommendation. To be honest, I didn't know about the vault room and we were being led through a wonderful dining room downstairs. I was about to protest as we went through a door, thinking we were about to be stuck in an annex -- but then realized it was the vault room -- very neat. So the dining room of the Grill downstairs is FINE without being in the vault room. "Outside" I'm not sure of.
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reassurance, bugswife and NeoPatrick. I'll certainly remember to ask for Vince. As to the "outside," comment, they meant outside the vault, I think. It sounds perfect. I'm so thankful for this board.
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:33 PM

It's a great restaurant!! They have a few locations in the city and I love Broad Street the best. Great waitstaff. We had an awesome tour of the vault - the downstairs was empty - I made a pathetic attempt to try and spin the huge wheel/dial open. lol You'll have a great time!