Search

Hotel Hudson, NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Hudson, NYC

I'm going to NYC on Thur. for a wedding on the weekend, and I'm staying at the Hudson b/c that's where the block of rooms was reserved. I've read some not-so-good reviews on Trip Advisor. Anyone with positive experiences (or negative?)? Thank you!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM
GoTravel

Beware your room size. Check in early and try and get a room larger than the standard and I don't care how cheap it is, DO NOT get the petit room.

Old Jan 9th, 2007, 11:53 AM

The bar there is hopping...but more important than that...the restaurant is really good. I'm sure it's not on the "top ten" list or whatever, but it has always been friendly, delicious, stays open late, and has a cool atmosphere. We go there twice each visit: the first night in town because we always arrive late from the left coast, and after an opera or other event at Lincoln Center because it is walking distance.

The rooms are small. The location is better than it appears to be!

You'll have fun.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM

The rooms are small but, unless you are hosting the wedding reception in your room, I wouldn't worry about it. We loved Hudson; staff was friendly (no snotty attitude), bath was actually a fairly good size, our room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had no problem with noise from other rooms or the hallways. It not decorated like a Hiltons or Marriotts are (not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm just trying to give you an idea of the hotel); the lighting is dim, the furnishings are on the modern side (vessel sinks, low beds, etc) We were there in the fall and the rooftop bar/lounge area was a lot of fun. I would stay there again without hesitation.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM

The rooms are tiny. The beds are amazingly comfortable with beautiful linens. Very important, as presumably if you're in NYC you won't be using your room for much else other than sleeping!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Ok, I read that rooms are small, but overall it's a nice place to stay; I can do that!

Thanks, everyone!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 08:17 AM

grandmere:
Yes, it is a very nice place to stay, central park is very close they have a very nice restaurant too.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

I'm glad you warmed me about the small rooms; they told me that mine was larger than the "standard", and I can't imagine how much smaller it could be. IMO, the room I was in would be too small for a couple but worked out fine for me. The lighting is dim and especially so in the bathroom. (My friend's room across the hall had brighter bathroom lighting, so perhaps a bulb was burnt out in the panel in mine) There was noise from other rooms, even at 3:00 a.m.

Despite all this, it was a good price by NYC standards, and I was in the room very little. The staff was super friendly and helpful. All in all, a "cool" place with very attractive common areas, but I probably would not stay there again.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM

Thanks for posting back. How was the wedding??? Inquiring minds want to know. Where was it?
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

The wedding and reception were at Per Se,which was very conveniently just down the street from the Hudson, at the Time Warner Bldg. It was very elegant.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 02:38 AM

Zowie. Sounds lovely. Was the food divine?
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 03:05 AM

Thanks for posting back, glad that all in all it was fine. I would love some details on the wedding & food at Per Se! (And if you can do it without causing a revolt here by those who aren't interested, can you tell us what people were wearing to this elegant event?) Inquiring minds, you know . . .
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM
GoTravel

OMG spill the beans, tell all sista!

Per Se? You must give us details!

And who in the heck got married that Per Se closed for a private party? God?

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Per Se....which Trump got married?