Best Western In Key West????

Apr 15th, 2002, 09:15 PM
KatieJ

Best Western In Key West????

Hi! I just made reservations at the Best Western in Key West. Anyone ever been there or have any insight for me?

Apr 16th, 2002, 02:27 AM
George

There are two Best Westerns in Key West. One on Roosevelt Blvd., one in the 1300-block of Simonton. Neither is a particularly good location, though the latter is better than the former.

Go to http://www.fla-keys.com/maps/index.htm and check out the maps. Ideally, you want to find a place in Old Town, as close to the Gulf, or foot of Duval, as possible. You can do a search on Key West on this Fodor's BB, and find a ton of information about where (and why) to stay in Key West.

Apr 16th, 2002, 06:41 AM
susan

I agree with George. If you've made reservations at the Best Western on Roosevelt Road, I'd definitely cancel. The other one (Best Western Hibiscus) is in a better location, but if I were you I'd look around a little more. All the sunset celebrations and most of the restaurants and tourist activities are centered around the Gulf side of Key West. The Best Western Hibiscus is very near the Atlantic side.

Dec 31st, 2002, 12:48 PM
x

ttt

Jan 1st, 2003, 07:52 AM
x

The Best Western Hibiscus gets so so ratings. Frommers guidebook mentioned the staff had an attitude problem. Whatever that means.