Reload this Page >

Best Places to Stay?

Search

Best Places to Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Stephanie

Best Places to Stay?

Thinking about a honeymoon to Hawaii and Im getting mixed reviews about Hotels. Does anyone recomend certain hotels on Kauai, Oahu, and Maui?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:26 AM
Ken

There are hundreds of hotel recommnedations on this forum. It would help if you could be more specific as to what you want in a hotel - what price range, beach front or just near a beach,
prefer seclusion or do you want to be in the centre of activity, etc.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:49 AM
Stephanie

Something reasonably priced with a garden view. maybe ocean front on the last 4 days. A hotel that is sort of Luxiourious but not too upscale. Somewhere you'd want to honeymoon ya know.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:45 PM
Debbie

We stayed in Maui at the Sheraton on Kannapali Beach and it was wonderful. You can snorkel right from the hotel's beach. Also, stayed at the Hyatt - a few hotels down. It was very nice as well.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:47 PM
hdsh

Moana Surfrider on Oahu. Pricey but quiet, on the beach, impeccable service. Stay in the colonial part not the new towers.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:25 PM
Samuel

Without doubt the best hotel in Oahu is the Halekulani. Their garden rooms including the best breakfast ever is about $325. On Maui I agree the Sheraton is hard to go past.Because its your honeymoon it is worth paying the extra to stay at the H alekulani for a couple of days.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:02 AM
carrie

If you have never been to Hawaii I would definetly go to Oahu. You should go to Pearl Harbor, stay on Waikiki Beach and snorkel at Hanama Bay. Also take a ride around the Island. I would recommend the Hilton Hawaiian Village and if you can afford it the Ali'i Tower. Get the Unofficial Guide To Hawaii from a Bookstore. It has great tips on both inexpensive and expensive hotels. Have Fun.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:52 PM
p.

Stephanie,
Of course it depends on budget but just as much on what you like to do too.
A colleague honeymooned at The Princeville Resort on Kauai last Fall and I think she's still there mentally ! Another friend recently was at the Marriott Ihilani on Oahu, said it was great. Send for the various island's freebie planners: www.gohawaii.com for starters.
p.