Info on Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel recently? How is the breakfast on the beach?
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 08:36 PM

Hi Sahara,

I also was considering staying at the AW Beach Hotel until I read the reviews on Trip Advisor (tripadvisor.com).

You will find out anything you'd want to know about this property there.

After reading all of the reviews, we decided to stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower... much more to offer in the same price range as a Jr. Suite.

Happy hunting.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:55 PM

I just returned from Hawaii yesterday and stayed at the Aston Wakiki Beach hotel for 2 nights. We used an entertainment coupon and booked a city view room at the discounted price of $106 per night including continental breakfast. The room was basic, but clean. It was brightly colored! It was ok - nothing scary or nothing to write home about. It is right across the street from the beach. They also have a restaurant/bar on site called Tiki's which had great appetizers and live music in the evenings. For the price, I would recommend it. The breakfast was out by the pool. Upon check in they give you a small lunchbox type cooler. You bring that to breakfast with you and collect what you want and take it to go to the beach or to each out on the lawn chairs by the pool. Breakfast consisted of tiny bagels, muffins, danishes, fruit, yogurt, beverages, miso soup, quiche, and egg sandwiches. The quiche and egg sandwiches had a lot to be desired...just my opinion. If you want other inexpensive breakfast choices...Denny's and Mc Donald's are a few blocks away. The pool was not too big - I recommend the beach. Another recommendation...get a car at least for a day and drive to the North Shore. I recommend Waimea beach and Sunset beach. Absolutely wonderful and only about at 45 minute drive away. You can rent a car from Hertz (at the Marriott Wakiki which is right next to the Aston) or from Budget (at the Hyatt - about 5 blocks away down the street). I highly recommend the convertible...it's worth it! If you want some nice dining (but pricy) try the Veranda (romantic, live Hawaiian music overlooking the beach) at the Sheraton Moana hotel (within walking distance) or Hy's (elegant - not on the beach, but beautiful decor and great steaks!!) a few blocks away. Have a great trip!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so makai1 and mgfit for responding to my question. makai1, I did read the review at "tripadvisor.com" as you recommended. Some good, some bad. mgfit, I appreciate your information. One of the reasons that I selected this hotel was the "breakfast on the beach" and the "kids eat/stay/play free". I though this would save me a considerable amount of money since I'm traveling with my 12 year old son. I did get a rental car for my entire stay but couldn't afford the convertible. I'm hoping that the ocean view rooms are a little nicer... but I have concerns about this hotel. Wish me luck!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:05 PM

Sahara,

Aloha, go for it !!!!
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM

just came back from waikiki. stayed at the marriott right across the street from the aston. marriott has a great lobby, you can bring your bkfst there by the lobby, there's a sitting area with a garden and waterfall. it's an open air lobby. got a alamo rental car-convertible for about 30 bucks with a discount code.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 01:50 PM

My husband stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for one night on our recent vacation there in October.

I was very disappointed - to say the least. Their $30 million renovation must have only included new furniture and paint. I feel this is not a four star hotel as many web sites have them listed.

Our $135/night partial ocean view room was just gross. Wallpaper peeling off the wall; toothpaste from the previous guest still splattered on the bathroom wall (you'd have to be blind to miss it); and the room was VERY tiny.

Worst part - I booked it for two main reasons: the recent renovations and the fact they advertize high-speed internet. They DO NOT offer high speed access at all. Only dial up. I was upset to find this out after we checked in.

If we ever go back, I think I'll choose the Sheraton Moana - that had a wonderful lobby and outdoor bar right on the beach. Much classier!