Reload this Page >

Kanaapali / Lahaina ??

Search

Kanaapali / Lahaina ??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Jessica

Kanaapali / Lahaina ??

Any recommendations on where to stay close to the Kanaapali area? Maybe not on the beach but close.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:18 PM
CF

WE stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel and at the time it was really nice. The beach was nice, the food edible. Great poo poos in the afternoon too.

Snorkeling was pretty good just a few yards down the beach at Black Rock.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Sandy and Dan

Contact www.hawaii4less for great condo/car packages. Many are oceanfront just north of Kaanapali Beach which is just a few minutes drive away. Great snorkeling just north of Kapalua. Also highly recommend www.noelani-condo-resort.com

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Nova

Come clean Sandy and Dan !! Why are you promoting Hawaii4less and Noelani condo all over this forum. You woudn't happen to have a connection (owner, management) with the property would you ?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 03:46 PM
gail

Kaanapali Beach Hotel is a throwback to the 60's. Give me a break, the pool is whale shaped and there are men drinking at the bar at 8:00 am. This is disgusting. What is your budget? Will you settle for less just to go to Hawaii? I have heard the food is awful at this hotel. I heard that the people there are very nice but does that make up for the lack of amenities? The pu pu's in the afternoon don't make the difference. You will kick yourself when you see the other hotels in the area compared to this one.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Nigel

Gail,

A whale shaped pool is disgusting? What is wrong with you, seems you're pretty disgusting yourself.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 06:29 PM
mark

Kaanapali Beach Hotel is fine. It is more authentic than the others on Kaanapoli. Its also cheaper and less glitzy. If you are high maintenance or need to be with the 'beautiful' people then follow Gail. Westin is happy to take you $450 a night from you, Gail or anyone willing to pay.

Anyways, we enjoyed Plantation Inn in Lahaina. Check out their website.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Nova

Gail, what is disgusting about drinking at the bar at 8 am? Do you like to get started earlier ??

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 08:04 PM
p.

Nova, don't know about the other people posting but we're two-time visitors (2000 & 2002) to Noelani and are very happy campers and will likely stay there again, it's a great place to stay.
p.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:48 AM
gail

Nigel, I didn't say the whale shaped pool was disgusting, I said the very early drinking disgusted me. Is this the type of people you want to mingle with at your hotel? I certainly don't. These are most likely the people who drink and drive after hitting all the bars on the Kaanapali strip. Kaanapali is a mini city now. We have stayed there in the past but will never go to that area of the island again. You can't even walk down the sidewalk without being constantly bumped or having to jump out of the way of joggers all the time.(At least their not at the KBH drinking so early) It is also rampant with rug ratted, ankle biters screaming and yelling. The parents are nowhere to be found. Gee where could the parents be? Maybey the KBH?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:06 AM
mal

Gosh Gail, you're such a self righteous little b*tch. Let me guess, your sh*t doesn't stink, right?

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Jan

Jessica

We stayed twice at the Aston Kaanapali Shores hotel. BEAUTIFUL place. It's a condo/hotel resort. We had a 1 bedroom oceanview condo. Perfect for the two of us. Grocery store right across the street. This hotel is next to the Embassy Suites. Right on the beach. Even has a restaurant onsite. I definetely recommend Aston Kaanapali Shores. The only negative is you pay for parking.

Have fun!!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Nova

True, the Aston Kaanapali Shores is a beautiful place "right on the beach" - if you can call it a beach. The ebach in fron of the Kaanapali Shores is almost non-existent as many other people have pointed out on this forum. If you want a good beach, DON'T GO THERE !!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:36 AM

Nova:

Is this site not allowed for condo owners or travel agents to voice their opinions? Can you point me to the rules of this forum? Don't want to get you upset if I decide to give people my opinion...

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:55 AM
gail

MAL,
The answer is YES!!!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Nova

The rules of this forum are at
http://www.fodors.com/forums/faqs.cfm

The rules prohibit advertising and promotion of businesses !

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Mitch

Best hotel on Kaanapali Beach is the Hyatt Regency.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 05:18 AM
Nova

I agree that the Hyatt is very good, but there is not a bad property on Kaanapali Beach. But beware of those that advertise themselves as being on Kaanapali Beach but are really a few miles North.