Reload this Page >

Kaanapali Alli Condo's

Search

Kaanapali Alli Condo's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 04:48 AM
Krystal

Kaanapali Alli Condo's

Anyone stayed here, please tell me everything, Is this a better choice than a resort, if so why? How is the location? Beach? Pool?

Thank you

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 07:43 AM
riggs

Krystal--I replied to this hoping it would bring it back to the top and maybe Frank or Bart would respond to it. It seems they both know the Kaanapali beach area well. My husband and I and another couple (our best friends) are leaving for Maui, May 22nd and staying at the Kaanapali Alii for 7 days for our 20th. I received some information from Fodor's in late 1999. Heidi gave some pretty good information in late 1999 and early 2000 regarding the location and beach area. I just don't think you would be able to find her post now. This is not my real Email address--but if you will respond here with your questions I will be glad to answer them now or when I get back June 1st. This is all I know about the Alii at this point--The Alii is between the Marriott and the Hyatt. It is a privately owned condo complex so---all of the condos will be different, depending on the owners taste. We booked a 2 bedroom ocean view. Small pool, but not far from the Whaler and Whaler's Village. The Sheraton (black rock) is a short walk to wonderful snorkeling. The beach in front of the Alii I have heard is good for body surfing but not snorkeling. Canoe beach is on the other side of the Hyatt and is a good beach. The Hyatt has great places to eat and wonderful pool area. We picked the Alii because it will be quiet when we want to relax. It won't have the crowds like the major hotels. Good Luck! I hope replying to your post will get both of us some more information.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Frank

Krystal: Kaanapali Beach is long, lined with many hotels and condos, with a shopping and a few restaurants (most notably "Hula Grill") located at Whalers Village, in the middle of the beach strip. The beach varies in quality at different points, but it is wide open and walkable along its entire length, so you simply exit your hotel/condo and walk along the beach until you find the conditions you like.
However, it is not a secluded beach, but more of a "people beach". At night, the torch-lit beach path is a pleasant walk.
I've never stayed at Kaanapali Alli, having preferred to stay 4 times at the neighboring Hyatt, because of its excellent pools and hotel ambiance. I seem to recall a rather small pool area at the condo, but if pools are important to you, you can walk along the beach and "slip into" any of the other hotel pools that catch your fancy.
Foodwise, I'd recommend Roy's Kohana Grill (10 minute drive), Sansei Sushi Grill (15 minute drive) and Hula Grill (a nice walk along the beach). Enjoy!

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Bart

A couple of years ago, we recommended Kaanapali Alli to friendsa who took their son with them. They got a 2 bedroom. They were very disappointed in the 1st room assigned to them and they complained and were moved to a more satisfactory condo. They were pleased overall with the condo and it's location.
Ditto to the Hula Grill and especially Roy's. The Marriott is undergoing a major renovation, they are converting about 1/2 to timeshare and redoing the rest of the hotel. The Alli is just north of the Marriott's Tennis courts. The work won't bother you but their pools are closed.
We have stayed on Kaanapali 7 of 8 trtips and will be going back this february.
Aloha
Bart

Old Aug 19th, 2000, 11:00 AM
Diana

We stayed at the Kaanapali Alii in June and could not have been more pleased. We booked a one-bedroom condo but were upgraded to a two-bedroom condo. No idea why, but it worked out nicely, as our 7-year old then had her own bedroom. The condo was gorgeous, immaculate, and we could not have asked for better. Anyone interested in seeing pictures of the condo we stayed in, please email me and I will send you the links.

The pool was a bit on the small side for the number of people staying at the Alii, yet it was never unpleasantly crowded. The beach is nice, although the waves were a bit rough while we were there. The Whaler's Village was a short walk, and we had dinner there 3 times.

We would highly recommend it, and will stay there again on our next trip to Maui.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed at the Kaanapali Alli this past March with our 4 teenage/young adult children, and found the place to be pefect for all of our needs. Some of the kids liked the pool/hot tub scene, while my husband and I and others loved the beach. You will love the fluffy green towels handed to you, and the attendants who carry your beach chairs to the beach and set you up oceanside for a day of wonderful swimming (waves can be a little furious in the late afternoon), surfing, and sun worshipping, as well as just people watching.
Our two bedroom/two bath unit had been recently decorated and had every supply from t.p. to paper towels to shampoo, soap,dishwasher detergent,etc. that one would need. We especially enjoyed the BBQ grills and grilled fresh fish from a local restaurant (gentleman working in the gift shop recommended where to get good local fish) a couple nights, as well as steaks, burgers, chicken, etc. Our children are spread out over the USA in various colleges, and the rush of summer jobs has not been condusive to lengthy family dinners the past few summers when they were all home. It was nice to spend the time dining together in a non-rushed atmosphere lingering over good food and that often missed good conversation with children. We ate out a couple nights, but truly enjoyed the dinners at the condo more. There are covered tables adjacent to the grills, and many people brought their fixings downstairs and ate oceanside.
Kaanapali Alli is conviently located to Whalers Village with many shops and restaurants. The beach path along Kaanapali beach is wonderful to walk in th morning and is torch lit for night walking.
The staff at Kaanapali Alli were all wonderful. The woman at the towel hand out by the pool gave us an entire day itinerary that she thought would be perfect for our kid's ages and interest, which took us north and around the mountains and back down to Ioa Valley State Park, a site not to be missed, in my opinion.
You've made a great choice in the Kaanapali Alii. You did not say when you are going or if you will have children, but I think it is the best choice any time of year and for all ages. Have a wonderful vacation.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM

Hi - Going to Maui for third time in March 2004. Stayed at the Alii in 2000 and the Sheraton 2002. We would love to stay at the Alii again. Meeting my brother and sister inlaw and their teenage daughter there. We have 2 boys. That makes 7 of us. I am just wondering out of all the people that responded to this post - who did you book the Alii thru? Private Owner, Alii Web or other travel companies. I have tried the VRBO website but not much there for the Alii. Also what kind of rate did you get? From the information that I am receiving I dont think anyone will rent a 2 bedroom for more that 6 people. We may have to go with two smaller units. We really want to stay at the Alii and just wonder if any of you have some info for great connections and best rates. Thanks!
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 09:13 AM

This message is for Riggsie...Many of the 2 bedroom units at Kaanapali Alli have a den with bedding in addition to the two bedrooms. That should work for your families. You can rent directly through the on site reservations, or through several private agencies. Do a google search of "Kaanapali Alli" and you will have several choices. We rented through www.mauibeachfront.com and got a great rate, much cheaper than the on site rental agency. They have a great web site, showing detailed photos of thier units. Ask for Leslie, she was very helpful and took good care of us. Have a great vacation.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 04:03 PM

This is also for Riggsie - I've been lucky to be able to go to Maui once or twice a year for the last 11 years. I like to try different properties, but the Ali'i is my favorite condo property. The 1st time I booked thru Classic Vacations, 2nd thru a T.A. Then I started subscribing to "Hawaii" magazine - you should be able to buy a copy at any major book store. At the back of the magazine are classified ads for vacation rentals by owners. The last several times I stayed at the Ali'i, I booked direct with owners. Another of my favorite properties on Maui is Puamana - it's a gated, residential townhome area. Lots of space, 3 pools, tennis courts, & units loaded with everything you could possibly need! About the only difference from a hotel/condo, is that there isn't daily maid service. Hope this helps!