Search

Beaches in Oregon

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches in Oregon

Hello!
I've heard of a few beaches in Oregon and maybe the Northern Oregon coast and I was wondering if anyone new of these. There was Jade Beach where you can find pieces of of Jade all over. Another is one where you can find a lot of Sand Dollars. Is there any beaches that aren't well known but have awesome things to pick up or just something thats really cool to see.
-Jenna
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM

When I was a kid we used to go to Agate Beach. The agates are long since gone. I've never heard of Jade Beach, but I'm sure that if it exists, the jade is long since gone too.

I was amused at how excited my wife got when she found a dozen whole sand dollars on the beach at Gearhart a couple months ago. As long as you're not at a popular beach town, it's probably not too unusual though. We most often go to Cannon Beach, where you almost never find a whole sand dollar. But the tidal pools around Haystack Rock are kinda cool!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:02 PM

I also found whole sand dollars at Gearhart! Never heard of Jade beach, either. Our last trip to the beach was to Arch Cape. Walking north on the beach we came to a pretty cool waterfall. Good luck with your beach explorations!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM

Another ditto on whole sand dollars at Gearhart I remember the agates at Agate Beach too, but its been ages. Jade Beach sounds vaguely familiar but that is all I can recall.
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:43 AM

Hi Jenna! It is around Newport where you will find agates. There is Sunset Beach near Gearhart where you will find the sand dollars. You can drive your car on this beach, also.

As far as cool things to see, check out the beach at Fort Stevens State Park where you can see the wreck of the Peter Iredale. Have fun! ***kim***