Beach Blanket Babylon Seating

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering purchasing BBB tickets for a Saturday evening performance during my August trip. People have noted that there's really not a bad seat in the house, but I'm wondering which are the preferred seats without spending the maximum. Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 05:24 AM

I agree there isn't a bad seat in the place (I've seen the show three times) but there are some considerations and unless things have changed (check their website) here's how it works:

for the seats in the front and the rear at the small tables on the main floor you get to line up an hour or so ahead of time to get in.

For the seats in the "balcony" along both sides of the room and in the large "box" with several rows of seats at the back you can actually reserve a specific seat in advance and show up just before the show starts.

If you do the cheaper seats down below I would advise you to get there EARLY...yes, there isn't a "bad" seat but the ones closer to the stage you might find to be more fun to be in.

You can spend your money on much MUCH worse than BBB..enjoy the show.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 07:37 AM

I've seen this hilarious show twice. The first time we sat downstairs in the unreserved seats. We came late, not realizing that the seats were unreserved. We were surprised, but we enjoyed the main floor location more than the reserved seat we had upstairs on a subsequent visit. Downstairs you will feel more in the action. Enjoy.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 08:07 AM

Great timing. Purchasing tickets for early July is on my list of things to do today. Thanks.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I just booked a couple of seats in the Front Cabaret. The downside is that we need to get there at least one hour prior to showtime to get the best seats. But the upside is that there is a bar with waiter service.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM

Good choice. Have fun.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM

We sat in the same section last May. You'll have a great seat.

There is an Irish pub down the street which we had a nice/reasonably priced dinner before the show.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM

We sat downstairs on the front row, as I called two months in advance and still could not get reserved seating. The downside, as stated with downstairs is having to arrive early and stand in line. WE loved the show. There are many good restaurants in the area surrounding the theater. Hope you enjoy the show .