Bayside Resort, Cape Cod

Search

Bayside Resort, Cape Cod

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bayside Resort, Cape Cod

Has anyone stayed at the Bayside Resort in West Yarmouth MA? We just booked that for three days in August. Was going to stay at Sandpiper Beach Inn but Bayside Resort quite a bit cheaper. Looking for input on this resort, and on West Yarmouth as well. Thx.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:47 AM

I would prefer the Sandpiper Beach Inn (Harwichport?) because of its location on the beach. The Bayside does not have beach access from the hotel. I don't know how important this is to you.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Beach access is not important to us this trip. We have a "big" fall foliage/New England trip planned and this August jaunt is just a quickie to escape the desert heat, eat great seafood, see some quaint villages.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:56 PM

Be prepared to sit in traffic. This hotel is right on RT 28 which gets backed up very easily in the summers. Its one of the few main roads on the Cape.

Check out inns on RT 6a. They are more attractive, sometimes more reasonable and Rt 6a is a very scenic route. RT 28 is Rt 6a's polar opposite. Rt 6a is quaint, tree lined, historic and far less busy. Rt 28 is trashy, motel lined, and generally a parking lot in August.

Rt 6a is why people come to the Cape (besides beaches). Rt 28 is why people sometimes hate the Cape
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Here's the thing. My company is going to pay for our hotel stay but the hotel has to be booked as a "package". In other words, they won't prepay a hotel directly. I can book Bayside Resort thru Yankee Magazine Vacations. It's just about the most inexpensive on Yankee Mag's list. There are places I would rather stay but we'd have to pay ourselves. Maybe I should have worded my question different; if Bayside Resort were free, how is it as a place to stay?