Help! Tough questions for Cape Cod

Jul 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Help! Tough questions for Cape Cod

I know this is very late planning but we find ourselves trying to plan a last minute trip to Cape Cod. We are an extended family of 10 which includes a family of 5 with 3 children under the age of 5! We know it is tough to find reservations at this point for so many, but we are hopeful. The good part is that we will be going mid-week from Monday to Thursday so won't be looking at the weekend traffic and cost is not our primary concern, it is finding a place that can accomodate all of us at this late date. We thought of Chatham either at Chatham Bars or Wequassett Inn but they are full. We would like to relax and be near beaches, but as we are from Southern California, we are used to driving! Does anyone have any suggestions of places large enough to accomodate (B & B's are either too small or won't take children & cottages usually want a week committment) all of us? We are not tied to Chatham and would consider nearby towns that are not overly touristy cute. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions of towns or hotels that we should consider. Thanks!
Jul 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM

Here is a quick list of some of the larger resorts on Cape Cod to get you srarted!

Cape Codder Hotel - Hyannis
Sheraton Hyannis

Ocean Edge Resort - Brewster

Red Jacket Beach Resort - S.Yarmouth
Blue Water Resort = S. Yarmouth

Soundings Motel - Dennisport

Sheraton Four Points - Wellfleet

Sandcastle Resort - Provincetown
Provincetown Inn

Seacrest Resort - Falmouth
Jul 4th, 2004, 02:28 AM

When you call someplace to make reservations - ask about whether beach is open - local news this AM just listed several popular beach areas that are closed because some endangered bird is laying eggs (I think it was Dennis-Brewster area, but check)
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:13 AM

Well, no wonder they're endangered, getting such a late start on the breeding season! ;-)
Jul 4th, 2004, 04:22 AM
jd

Lighthouse Inn in Dennis.
Ocean Club at Smugglers Beach-Yarmouth.(1 and 2 bedroom on ocean)
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:07 AM

The Soundings (Dennisport) doesn't look like much on the website, but is in a very family-oriented area. Not nearly as posh as the other venues you mentioned, but right on a small beach and a nice walk to restaurants, a VERY popular ice-cream parlor, and a 5-minute ride to a kitschy mini-golf/arcade spot that's been there for 40+ years. I've been going to Dennisport since I was a kid so I admittedly have a soft spot for it. The area isn't fancy, but it is a relaxing place to vacation.