Ocean's Edge in Brewster, MA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone familiar with this resort? Is it suitable for a family with small children?Details please!
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM

I have never stayed there but it is a popular resort on the Cape. I've driven through it several times and found it to be attractive and it appeared to be well maintained. Also attended a function at the "mansion" part. Its in a nice part of the Cape. Others with more experience will be sure to post so rely on them.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 12:00 PM

http://www.oceanedge.com/recreation_children.cfm

the cape in general is pretty family friendly...and ocean edge is no exception...
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 02:21 PM

We stayed here for 3 days/2 nights this June during our trip to the cape. It is a very large resort spread out on two sides of the highway that runs through Brewster. There are several restaurants at the resort (we didn't eat at any of them), but there are activities for everyone, such as tennis, indoor/outdoor pools, etc. You might have to walk a little, since the complex is so large, or use their shuttle. In addition, the Cape Cod rail trail goes right through the property, which makes it very convenient access for biking, walking or running. In addition, one side of the complex is just a short walk from a bayside beach area, which is far from spectacular, but just something worth noting. The town of Brewster itself doesn't have a lot to do. Don't know if you're set on this place due to a group event. Overall it's a nice place, with some nice touches, but if I were returning to the Cape, I would prefer to stay in Chatham.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 02:48 PM

At the elbow of the Cape (Chatham, Harwich, Brewster, Orleans) Ocean Edge Resort is one of the Big 3 resorts. the others being Chatham Bars Inn and Wequassett Inn.

The major difference among them is that there are many rooms at OER that are not within walking distance of their beach, whereas all rooms at CBI and Wequassett Inn are within walking distance of beach.

I could be wrong, but I believe both CBI and Wequassett are more family-oriented than Ocean Edge.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:34 AM

You can also rent from private condo owners at Ocean Edge. I've rented with Leighton Realty Rentals before. They have a large rental inventory of private owners that rent their condos. Take a look at http://www.capecodrentals.net/rns/se...oceanedge.aspx. If you're interested in buying a condo at Ocean Edge check out http://www.oceanedge.net.