Place to stay on Cape Cod

Mar 9th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Place to stay on Cape Cod

I'm looking for a place to stay on the Cape. I'd like a place on Cape Cod Bay and with a pool. I'd like to stay mid cape. Any places like that? There would be 2 adults, 11 & 13yo. Price isn't a factor.
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:26 PM

When price isn't a consideration, most people recommend Chatham Bars Inn.
Mar 10th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Looked at Chatham Bars and was very impressed although I wanted to be on the bay side for warmer water. Isn't there another resort on that side of the cape?
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:33 AM

I don't know of any places right on Cape Cod Bay, with a pool, in mid-cape area. You would need to go to lower Cape towns to get the pool and right on the beach.

Here are some suggestions:
Ocean Edge Resort - Brewster
Sandcastle Resort - Provincetown
Provincetown Inn - Provincetown
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:51 AM
jd

Really nice resorts are hard to come by on Cape Cod. With kids your age I would recommend the Seacrest resort in Falmouth. The beach is nice there and the water is warm with gentle waves. There is an outdoor and indoor swimming pool. You can also rent kayaks, water bicycles,ect. There is also an outdoor bar/restaurant overlooking the water.
Mar 10th, 2005, 03:23 PM

The bay beaches are very nice - peaceful, sandbars, relaxing but...

if warm water is your main criteria you may want to look at the beaches on the southside between Falmouth and Dennis. These areas are more congested but definately have the warmest waters. The waves are pretty tame too so its kid friendly. Plus you'll find more lodging options.

If you are determined on the bay then I'd follow Gene's recommendation and stay at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster.
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Definitely stay at Ocean Edge in Brewster. The water in the bay is warmer and this is a beautiful part of the cape--more natural beauty IMHO and charm than in the more congested areas from Falmouth to Dennis.

Don't miss the National Seashore (even if you don't swim in the cold waters) and biking in Provincetown. It's just beautiful.

I'm biased...we have a house in Brewster and have always vacationed on the Mid to Lower Cape.