Search

Avenue Q

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avenue Q

I will be in New York in early June with my two adult daughters. We want to see Avenue Q while we are there and I am looking for some advice. The show is at the John Golden Theatre and I would like to know where the best seats are located before I order the tickets. All three of us tower around 5"3". Also any suggestions of websites that offer good ticket prices. I usually go through Playbill (telecharge) but there may be better options. Thanks!
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM

My first choice (especially for "vertically challenged" viewers) would be the first row of the mezzanine. No heads in front of you to block your view. But I doubt if you can still get those seats on such short notice. You're best just trying to get the closest you can and then hope for the best. I know of no current discounts for Avenue Q, so I suggest you CALL telecharge and ask them to help you with the best seats for the possible dates while you're in town.
By the way, because there is little or no choreography, I'd think that even extreme side seats close up would be better for this show than those way back, and because the stage is pretty elevated, you'll probably see better if close up also.
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM

There definitely are no discount tickets available for Avenue Q. And, as a previous poster wrote, you are advised to call NOW for tickets. As for viewing the show, if you can get one of the first rows in the mezzanine, I'd go for those. Otherwise, take the best they have.
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM

I used nytix.com last year to buy tickets to Avenue Q. You pay a $4 fee to get the discount coupon codes for broadway shows. But, I just looked and there are no discount codes available right now for Avenue Q. There is also broadwaybox.com and I believe that gives you the same coupon codes for free. Anyways, this info probably won't help you out now since you should get your tickets as soon as possible for good seats, but maybe there are other shows you'll want to see...
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Playbill and other sites provide discounts for shows without paying the $4 fee!
And, I repeat, you're not going to find any discounts for early-June performances of Avenue Q. Get you tickets ASAP.
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM

As HowardR says, no need to pay $4 for discount codes, they are available on several websites for free (playbill, hitshowclub, broadwaybox, theatermania, etc.). Unfortunately none appear to be available for Ave Q, it's still quite popular. As far as seat choice, before you get set on a seat location, you may want to explore what is available. Your choices may be limited. On ticketmaster or telecharge website (i don't know which one has Ave Q listed), they usually offer a 'best seats avilable' option, and have a seating diagram of the theater or you can call and ask the operator.
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

I took all the advice and went out and got three tickets for Avenue Q. I did get Row A (1st row) in the right front mezzanine so we should have a good view. I am really excited about seeing the show, I have heard and read some great reviews. Thanks bunches!
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:52 PM

Even on the side, front row mezzanine should be fine...better than fine, actually.