Anniversary on SC or GA/FL Coast?

May 28th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Anniversary on SC or GA/FL Coast?

Hello Fodorites! My husband and I can't decide whether to spend our anniversary at someplace like Litchfield Plantation or Amelia Island/environs. It will probably be a mid-week stay, 2-3 nights in June and he would like to golf while I enjoy the beach. A day spa nearby would be a plus. We both enjoy good restaurants, but don't want to have to get too, too formal. No motels or kid-oriented places -- we're celebrating 23 years! Can anyone help?
May 28th, 2003, 09:44 AM
GoTravel

Litchfield Plantation (NOT the Litchfield Golf and Beach Resort or Litchfield By-The-Sea) is incredible. It is an actual 270 year old former rice plantation. The mile long driveway is flanked by 300 year old live oaks draped with Spanish moss. Rooms are great! Fireplaces and jacuzzis. While it isn't on the beach, they do have a beach club on Pawleys which is a beach house they renovated. The Carriage House Club restaurant is very very good. Great huge pool, tennis courts and amazing sunsets over the marsh. I know all of this because my sister got married there. It is very romantic.

Jun 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, GoTravel. My husband booked us there for our anniversary and I'm really looking forward to it.
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:34 AM
GoTravel

You will love LP! When you check in, tell them it is for your anniversary and ask if they will upgrade you. They usually will! BTW, breakfast is included and it is wonderful!

Jul 15th, 2003, 01:35 PM

Where is Litchfield Plantation? And, PalmettoMel, how about a trip report?