Myrtle Beach Hotel- help

Search

Myrtle Beach Hotel- help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myrtle Beach Hotel- help

I'm planning a surprise vacay in Myrtle Beach and have never been. Could anyone tell me the 2 or 3 nicest/most luxurious hotels in the area? It's got to be on the beach but impressive. Thanks so much.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:35 PM
GoTravel

To begin with, Myrtle Beach is not known for luxury. Try Kingston Plantation and the new Marriott Grande Dunes.

You would have nice options with Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort.

The nicest and most impressive would be Litchfield Plantation but it is not on the beach. 275 year old former rice plantation in Pawleys Island. They do have a beach house on Pawleys.

If you want luxury on the coast, keep going south.

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, I'm stuck w/ myrtle for other reasons. Thanks so much for your suggestions.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM
GoTravel

In that case, Kingston Plantation and one of the condos in the new building. Stayed there last spring for a weekend and was impressed. Kingston also has a great gym. From what I've heard, it was a multi million dollar production.

Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:52 PM

I have to agree KP is very nice. It saved my vacation. I am not a big fan of MB but had to go for a week. This was the nicest part of a week there. Trust me. Nice pool area, nice gym. You can't go wrong with KP.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:16 PM

nstraub=
I happen to love Myrtle Beach and have been going every summer for the past 25 years...

We either stay at the Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation- ( that is probably the fanciest) or the HILTON Myrtle Beach -- it is adjacent to the Embassy Suites..

Both are in the Northern tip of Myrtle Beach and are out of the way of the strip area where all the honky tonk hotels and amusement park is located....

Way way nicer area up at the Northern End...do NOT confuse this with NORTH MYRTLE BEACH as there is NOTHING luxurious in NORTH MYRTLE BEACH...

The Hilton has a golf course called Arcadian Shores and it is right across the street from the hotel..one of the nicer golf courses in the area...