Search

Affina 50 Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Affina 50 Hotel

I am still searching and found another that looks okay- Affina 50. So am wondering if anyone has any feedback on this hotel. Thanks for the comments on the other hotels.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:32 AM

Don't know/remember the "others" you refer to but this is part of the Affinia Group that also own a number of other well regarded all suite hotels. They have kitchens/kitchenettes in all the rooms. The Affinia 50 (previously know as the Plaza 50) gets excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, is in a nice location in midtown within a walk to Bloomingdales etc. and is, IMO a good combination business/residential area.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:47 AM

I've just read your other thread and now understand what you're looking for. I think the idea of the Affinia 50, being a suite hotel with a kitchenette is a great one for your family of 4. Not suggesting you do cooking on your vacation, it's just nice to be able to have breakfast, a light bite or snacks in and have a place to warm things up etc. It's more like having your own apt. It is miles better than the HoJo. I love the location and it's near things like Serendipity and Dylan's Candy Bar, but I have to tell you, most kids seem to prefer staying in the Times Square area. The Doubletree Suites Hotel is very popular there for families, although it doesn't have kitchens in the rooms.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

We have booked at the Affina-50. It looks like a decent place. I am just hoping the location is okay in relation to restaurants. But I really do like the idea of a kitchenette in the suite. Thanks, Mclaurie for your input. Oh, one more thing- we have a 20year old daughter who can't come with us so, of course I have to do some shopping for her. Any suggestions on trendy shops or websites would be great.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:23 AM

H & M is a popular shop for youngish trendy but inexpensive stuff. There are 2 within a walk from the Affinia 50-one's on Lexington & ~ 59st (just before Bloomingdales) the other on Fifth & 50 st near Rock Ctr. I like the Rock Ctr store better.

For other trendy ideas, check the NY Magazine website nymetro.com They have shopping guides and a good search engine for specifics.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:27 AM

More trendy shopping info

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34554124