Reload this Page >

Advice for sight in Honolulu

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:02 PM
Richard

Hi...going to Honolulu for the first time, and staying at the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach.

Would like to know 5 top restaurants nearby with interesting menus, Asian fusion or trendy upscale type places.

Plan on spending most of the time on the beach, but would like to get out and explore the Island for 2 of the days I'm there.

Can anyone recommend where to go for the most scenic trip on the Island. I plan on renting a car. Also if possible some interesting eating places along the trip or things "you must do"

Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:29 PM
deb

One of the things we enjoyed the most when we were on Oahu was doing the circle tour.

We had a convertible and drove around the entire island, stopping whereever we wanted to. It was a blast!

If you want to spend lots of time on the beach, I recommend Lanikai or Kailua. The beaches in Waikiki are too small and crowded. Head out to the Windward side and enjoy!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:25 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Rachel

Hi! I just got back from Hawaii. Spent Christmas there. My sister in law stayed at the Royal Hawaiian, and we stayed at the Moana Surfrider Hotel. We had Christmas Eve Dinner at the Hano Hano room at the Sheraon right there on Waikiki Beach. There are 2 or more Sheratons...it's the one to the LEFT of your hotel if your back is to the beach and you're looking at the Royal Hawaiian...VIEWS ARE FABULUOUS, go for the sunset! It's early there, like 5:30pm at this time of year. So, I recommend heartily the Hano Hano Room. ALSO, "Michels" near Diamond Head-it's also on the beach like the Hano Hano room is...and for Breakfast, WOW...we went to EGGS AND THINGS, walked there from Moana Surfrider-great breakfast in old fashioned homey restaurant where 30 min wait is probably a given...but there rockers on the porch and their choc chip pancakes are killer. You'll love it. I hear Nicks Fish Market is wonderful too. Saw it on the other side of the street-you'll see it too if you walk from your hotel to Eggs and Things...and my favorite place to hang out is SANDY BEACH where you'll be amazed at the big waves and people getting pounded by them...also the HALONA BLOWHOLE right next to it is cool if the tide is high..and there is a beautiful little cove right to the right of Halona blowhole that my kids actually spent HOURS Swimming in while I spent HOURS photographing the surfers at SANDY BEACH...they are real close to each other. ENJOY!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Jake

Restaurants on Oahu: Chef Mavro and Alan Wongs.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Ki

Matsumoto's for shaved ice.

Hanauma Bay for snorkeling.

Sunset Beach for enjoying the sun.

Diamond Head for hiking.