2 days in Hot Springs, AR

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 days in Hot Springs, AR

My husband and I will arrive in Hot Springs the evening of Sunday, 5/29 and leave the morning of Wednesday, 6/1.
We are interested in staying at a nice but not exorbitant bed and breakfast. Any suggestions?
We basically have two days. My husband likes to fish, while I hike. And we would like to soak in nice hot springs,
ideally together. Also would like to hear about good places to eat. What's not to be missed? Thank you!
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Although, Hot Springs is only a couple of hours from us, it is my least favorite National Park that I have been to(26 of them). It is worth a day to see it. McClards BBQ is probably the most popular restaurant in town. Bill Clinton eats there every time he is in town. Do take a stroll past the bath houses and down the street with the hot springs. I have never soaked in the baths, but it would be pretty cool thing to do. Lake Catherine and Lake Quachita State Parks are both close by and nice. We like Cafe 1217. It's more of a lunch place or take out place. Not really a place to go for an evening meal. They have great interesting salads and sandwiches.
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM

From your description I definitely check out Catherine's Landing, an RVC Outdoor Destination. It's a gorgeous resort that just opened this year and they have a lot of amenities, and nice, clean cottages and yurts for lodging. The property is physically on Lake Catherine so your husband can fish right there from your cottage. Plus, it's right down the street from the bath houses and spas in Hot Springs' famous downtown. Hot Springs is a really nice city...hope you enjoy your time there!
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, spirobulldog!
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, kb1010! Sounds like it could be just the ticket!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Garvan Woodlands Gardens is a don't miss! So beautiful and peaceful. http://www.garvangardens.org/

We enjoyed Fisherman's Wharf for lakeside dining. There was a long wait time on the weekend, not sure about during the week, but I would suggest getting there early. http://www.fishermanswharfhs.com/
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 07:04 AM
cd

Agree about Fisherman's Wharf, there's just something special about eating good food outside on the water!

I would not want to spend a week in Hot Springs, but on a road trip, we do like to stop in for a day or two. We like the Buckstaff Bath House. It is $55 for an hour and half of soaking in mineral water, hot packs and massage! http://www.buckstaffbaths.com/ There is another Bathhouse close to the Buckstaff that just reopened and it is very nice but also about double in price. We stay at the Arlington Hotel which is an old historic hotel within walking distance to the bathhouses and middle of downtown and directly across from the park, we ask for a parkview room. Like I said, it is an old hotel but we like those high ceilings and the charm of yesterday. http://www.arlingtonhotel.com/
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you travelerfromtx and cd! I will check out your suggestions.