Hot Springs, AR hotels

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Springs, AR hotels

Has anyone out there been to Hot Springs recently? I'm wondering what the best hotels are. We'd basically be going for spa activities and the lake, so that may make a difference.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:18 PM

IMHO, the best hotel in Hot Springs as well as one of the best in the South is the Arlington. When I stay there, I feel like it's 80 or 90 years ago. Everytime I go to Hot Springs, I stay there and I've never been disappointed

Although, I think for spa treatment the best course is to walk down the street and get the real deal at the Buckstaff Bath House...The Arlington also has acess to the waters and has a whole floor dedicated to spa treatment.

The Arlington is downtown, so lake acess would be a problem from there. There is a hotel right on the water on the right as you go into town. I think it's a Clarion. It's where the ducks go into the water. Be careful, I heard someone died on a duck not too long ago.

Anymore questions about Hot Springs, just ask. It's one of my favorite places
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:32 PM

The big resort right on the water at Lake Catherine is SunBay, and it is timeshares. They might have rooms for rent. (We're owners there.)

The Buckstaff is THE place to go for the royal treatment! DON'T miss it!

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:07 PM

I agree that the Buckstaff is the best place for a spa treatment and/or massage. However, I have to disagree about the Arlington. It is considered one of the best places to stay in Hot Springs, but it's old and in need of repair. The rooms aren't anything special and even the suites have tiny bathrooms and furniture that looks like it is from the 50s.

I think the above post about staying out at the lake is a better idea.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback! It took me a while to figure out what "someone died on a duck" meant--I had a horrible image of a bunch of ducks attacking! I'll definitely pay a visit to the Buckstaff.
Out of curiousity--I'm moving to Arkansas (Little Rock) soon--any other recommendations of things to do there?