Search

U.S. honeymoons not Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U.S. honeymoons not Hawaii

I've been hanging out on the Caribbean board trying to plan my Oct. '06 honeymoon, but flights from NC to the places I've considered are just bad. (12-17 hours one way with 2 changes of planes.)

We have 5 or 6 nites max for this trip. NE U.S. is out, cuz my ex and I spent a lot of time there. Same with Hawaii -- it was my first honeymoon.

There's the Biltmore (1st anniv. trip I'm thinking) and Jekyll Island, GA...

Where else might we consider should I abandon my Caribbean plans?
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Perchy, I read and responded to your caribbean, but I am thinking about your location and only 5 days.... Have you ever been to the Greenbriar WV or the Homestead,VA? Both are resorts in the country and October will provide beautiful weather and scenery. You can relax and have spa treatments. Dining is very nice and dress up required. When we were there, there was dancing at night with dinner. There is golf, tennis, and things like skeet shooting. It is pricey and I have only been for corporate events, but they were very nice weekends and relaxing. You would drive there too.
Just an idea.
Bermuda is close and a quick hop from Charlotte and would be my first choice for close and relaxing honeymoon with good food and pretty water. It is a nice island. No poverty there. It is picturesque. I recommend the Reefs Club.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, girl. Forgot about the Greenbrier. In the end, we picked St. Lucia in the Caribbean. LOL. We managed to figure out how to get there with a single plane change in Miami.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM

I think that is a great choice for your honeymoon. You'll have a fabulous time. Congrats!
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:09 PM

perchy - I was in St. Lucia this past Jan- It was amazing! We stayed at Ti Kaye, amazing, VERY different from a "sandels" experiance..low key and your own little cabin! All of the pepople are amazing! We did the Piton hike - the views were amazing, but the hike is not for the faint hearted!
Have a blast!
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM

I live in Wisconsin..have you ever heard of Door County in Wi? Beautiful fall colors in Oct., lots of bed and breakfast inns, quaint villages, waterfront vacation lodgings, etc. Look it up on the internet!