honeymoon in St. Lucia

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 05:15 PM
AJR
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honeymoon in St. Lucia

We are considering going to LeSport St. lucia for our honeymoon. Has anyone who has been there recently tell me what the beach is like as well as the golf course? My fiance and I are looking for a relaxing vacation that is also special.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 06:50 AM

Looks like there are several previous reviews of Le Sport. Type Le Sport into the text search box/field above and you should pull up all/any comments regarding Le Sport in St. Lucia.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 11:36 AM

le sport is great! i went two years in a row a few years back. and i think they were working on renovations, or expanding the property. i can't speak to golf - it wsa off-site, but the island is very hilly so i'm not sure it would be well suited for golf. the resort itself is lovely and low-key. the spa treatments are great and relaxing. the food is also excellent and the people who work there very warm and accomodating. the water is nice but not the bright turquoise you find on some other caribbean islands.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 02:15 PM

My husband and I honemooned at LeSport last June and loved it. They truly cater to your needs. The food is great and you are able to eat healthy if you want. The water sports are also excellent, not to mention the spa treatments....it's exactly what you need after your wedding.
We also took a day trip. It was the 2 of us and a guide. We swam in a waterfall, nature hike, snorkled at Anse Chastenet (although I preferred the snorkeling at the resort)and had lunch at Stonefield Estates. It was an amazing experience and we got to see the island first hand from a local.
Honestly, I could go on about this place for hours. We did a lot of research before choosing our honeymoon, and I am so glad we picked LeSport.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 08:35 AM
vsa

planning on going for honeymoon in Oct03mid,,,,was wondering awilson if you can reccommend where you found your local guide,,,sounds great,,,also does anyone know what the weather is like mid oct,,,and are the mosiqutios as bad as everyone says?...thanks for your help
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 05:02 AM

hampton3: You say "If you book be sure to mention my name"...are you getting kick-backs from this hotel?

Read the Fodors' Forums rules...ADVERTISING IS NOT ALLOWED.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:26 PM

I have to tell you that I am not the biggest fan of LeSport for what you spend. Went for our honeymoon, half the time at the south end at Anse Chastnet -definitely would recommend it for a quiet, secluded honeymoon getaway. And then, the second half at LeSport to enjoy the spa. The rooms were not very nice, the buffets were not the best and the beach was not the greatest. And the spa appointments, not that great either. I guess for that kind of money, I was expecting real luxury. And it wasn't. We went to Anse Chastnet knowing it wasn't total luxury and that was OK. But when you go somewhere and think that it will be, that's disappointing. We went in Dec 2000, so many they've renovated since then.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:45 AM

To "vse", my husband and I went to St. Lucia in October back in 2001 for our honeymoon. As far as the weather went, there was one night where we got some clouds and some showers because a tropical storm was nearby, but even the locals assured us that generally St. Lucia doesn't get directly hit by storms because of its location. After that we experienced a couple showers during our 8 day stay, but they were brief. I did have some problems with mosquitos but then again it didn't help to wear fragrant lotion and perfume. We stayed at the Sandals Halcyon and it was okay, but I really wished we stayed at the Jalouise Hilton, but maybe someday when we return we will stay there. You will love St. Lucia, it is a very lush and tropical island. It is somewhat reminscent of Kaui. You should be fine in October!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:48 AM

Good job Fodors! They deleted hampton3's advertisement.