If you had 12 days for a honeymoon..........

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had 12 days for a honeymoon..........

where would you go....??
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 03:26 PM

Dear TiffanyLynn

Having travelled and lived all over the Caribbean I would choose Jamaica. Because of the weather, the music and the beauty of the Island.
Next I would choose something a cut above as you want to be sure this will be special. Choices...www.bluefieldsvillas.com
www.oasisspajamaica.com
it depends on what you can afford.The food and service at both are great .
And please not another Sandles where you can eat American food and see other American and play games with other tourists..
Good Luck
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM

St. Bart's is pretty romantic. Great food, very French feeling. Chic and rustic at the same time. There is a hotel called Eden Rock that is beautiful as is another called Isle St. Bart on Flamands beach which is amazing.

If you want some adventure - check out St. Lucia - volcanoes, rain forests, etc. There are two hotels that are amazing - Ladera and Anse Chastanet.

These would be my choices.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:16 PM

I would split my time between two islands of very different backgrounds, or two different types of resort on one island. Maybe something like staying a few days at Strawberry Hill, which is a deluxe spa resort in the Blue Mountains in Jamaica, and then a few days on the beach in Jamaica at a nifty place like the Caves or Jamaica Inn.

Or maybe a few days in a plantation house on Nevis with gorgoues mountain views across the sea, and then a few days at St. Kitts at the Golden Lemon.

Or taking a sail through the Grenadines and seeing beautiful secluded coves and untoursted beaches.

Or maybe a private island like Petit St. VIncent resort in the Grenadines.

Or some time at Cap Juluca on Anguilla, which has arguably the most beautiful beaches in the region, and then some time on St. Lucia, which has arguably the most beautiful interior of the region.

What are your and your fiance's expectations for your honeymoon? DO you want rest and relaxation? a spa? wild nightlife? beautiful beaches? historical sites? gourmet food? water sports? these will make a difference in where you should go.

congrats!
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 08:15 PM

The LAST place in the Caribbean I'd go would be Jamaica. I'd go to Atlantis before I'd go to Jamaica for a honeymoon.

There are so many great places to go in the Caribbean which lack crime and allow the vacationer an easy, relaxing trip. Anguilla, Nevis, BVI's, Jumby Bay (not actually on Antigua), Turks and Caicos, even Bermuda should be considered.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!

I don't think we want to go to Jamaica, but we are no considering either Aruba, Hawaii or the BVI's....
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:21 AM

If I had 12 days for my honeymoon, I would do 6 days at Caneel Bay on St. John, USVI and then 6 days at Little Dix Bay in the BVI. Rosewood Resorts has an island hopping package where you can stay at each of these resorts. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Caneel and loved it! I've heard Little Dix is even better than Caneel. An alternative would be to go somewhere that it takes forever to get to and you would need the full 12 days like Hawaii or even better, go to Fiji or Tahiti where you can get one of those overwater bungalows. I don't know about Aruba for 12 days. I've never been to Aruba (we are going there in July, actually), but it doesn't sound like there is enough to do there for 12 days. Of course, you could always stay part of the time in Aruba and then fly over to Curacao or Bonaire for the rest of the time.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:22 PM

if I could go anywhere I'd go to the Maldives Islands
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 06:41 PM

Hi Tiffany

I'd go to Hawaii...My wife and I spent 11 days on Kaua'i last April for our honeymoon....I would definately do it agian !! But if the flight to Hawaii is too long, I'd go for St John.
Old May 1st, 2003, 12:09 PM

The most romantic places we have traveled to were the:
Big Island of HAWAII-Kohala (see Volcanoes National Park), KAUAI-Poipu the sunny side,
ROME, SORRENTO, POMPEII and the AMALFI COAST.
AUSTRIA AND SWITZERLAND--awesome views of the Matterhorm and surrounding mountain peaks from Gonergrat (Zermatt) and unbelievable Salzburg with nearby Eagle's Nest (special bus takes you up a 10,000 ft. mountain with breathtaking views and hairpin turns!), Lake Wolfgang, the Tyrol, Lucerne, Lake Geneva etc.--stunning!
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:39 AM

It depends when you're going. For example, Saint Lucia is rainy in December, etc. Also, if you're going during hurricane season ... the ABCs are the supposedly the best bet. We had 12 days and did 5 in Saint John and then 7 in Virgin Gorda (at Biras). It was perfect as Saint John was a very active vacation -- tons of beaches, 2 great hikes, a relatively active town and Biras was 100% relaxing (except the 1 day we left to explore the Baths and the main island of Virgin Gorda). We'd totally recommend it. Plus, for us, given the expense of Biras, the fact that there are many mid-level, but very nice options for staying on Saint John was appreciated. Good Luck.
Old May 9th, 2003, 06:26 AM

L'ARCHIPEL or CHAUVRE SOURIS on Praslin, The Seychelles via Air France.
A long haul but worth every memory. Roaring Pavilion or Goldeneye in Jamaica
would also be top-notch.
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:47 AM

Here's another vote for the Maldives or Seychelles islands. Absolutely stunning and the stuff island dreams are made of ...
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:08 PM
me

I would do what we did for our honeymoon all over again...We went to Morocco for 2 weeks -Fez , Casablanca , Sahara ,Marrakesh( the ride from Agadir to Marrakesh was the most beautiful and interesting ride ,unreal!)In Agadir we drove scooter up and down the beaches along the coast , visit Tarhazoute( a lovely little fishing village near Agadir)you'll find the MOST intense colors of natures there in Morocco -red ,blue ,gold ,green ,yellow...you name it ,until today I still haven't seen the sky THAT blue ,the whole trip was as magical and as exortic as "1001 nights"...
Old May 10th, 2003, 05:15 AM

Ladera Resort on St. Lucia, Cap Jaluca Resort on Anguilla, Santorini Island in the Greek Isles, (#1) Bora Bora in French Polynesia in an overwater bungalow (Le Meridien or Pearl Beach), French Riviera (St. Tropez), Maui or Kuaui, Negril Jamaica
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:09 PM

St John's Caneel Bay is very romantic
Jamaica is not what it used to be and not Honeymoon worthy.
St. Barts is also incredible.
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:14 AM

Just a quick note to give another opinion.

Some individuals like to add that Jamaica is not worthy of a vacation or honeymoon.

We have been to all of the Caribbean Islands and like Jamaica the best. We had our honeymoon in Negril and believe it to be one of the best places in the world to spend time.

Granted, Jamaica has social problems - as other islands have their weaknesses -but as a vacationer or visitor - it is a great place.....and in our opinion the most beautiful of all of the Caribbean Islands.
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:53 AM

I would go to the Pocono Mountains, the honeymoon destination of choice for U.S. citizens for over 50 years.
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:21 PM

just a quick note to the previous poster, ummm the Poconos? Are you kidding??? Maybe YEARS ago they were nice, maybe for a weekend get-away but as far as a honeymoon its definitely NOT!! I live in northern NJ so I'm maybe about 40 min. away from there and I've stayed there for a weekend get-away and could not understand how this was or is a honeymoon destination. Like I said before, maybe years ago but not now. Just my opinion! Good Luck!
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:52 PM

would anyone recommend for Barbados for $564/person for air & hotel at Coconut Court or $604 at Asta Beach in Barbados? Both include breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -