Search

Poland

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poland

Hi, in May I will be in Poland from 19th to 26th (I will visit Krakow, Wroclaw and others cities near there) and I have a question...what should I wear ? Leather jacket or denim jacket ? T-shirt or sweater ? Jeans or shorts ? I don’t know what to pack.
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 12:08 PM

1. What activities are you doing and what venues are you attending?
2. Go to one of many weather sites, such as accuweather, to get historical weather. Then just before you leave home, look at the forecast for best available info for THIS year to adjust what you are actually taking.
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 12:15 PM

Shorts?? Are you a guy? They get away with those long cargo short type things in summer, true, for sightseeing. Otherwise, if you are female, I don't know what kind of shorts you'd wear in a big city. The odds are it isn't going to be that hot, anyway. Definitely take jeans.

It can be mild, a bit rainy, and also even hot at that time. I went once I think in mid-May and it was a lot hotter that year than I had expected. Just check the weather forecast right before you go.

Can't you take a variety of clothes? For example, a T shirt but also a sweater? That's what I do. I personally never travel with my leather jacket as it's too bulky and not as versatile and because I would not want to wear it if it were raining. Otherwise, the weight might be okay for evening.

I find those packable down jackets great for traveling, and that's what I would take at that time. Not a fan of denim jackets myself, at least for traveling.
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 02:31 PM

If taking trains pack light - lots of steps and narrow train corridors to navigate, etc. Book trains far in advance for possible discounts on high-speed routes - book your own online - www.seat61.com has keen insights on doing that yourselves - general train info - www.budgeteuropetravel.com; www.ricksteves.com. Pack lightweight rain gear.
Old May 19th, 2019, 07:15 AM

Well, take as much as you can - the weather in Poland is hardly dependable.