Want to go to Beaches Resort in Negril-Many Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are in our middle 30's and we have two daughters, 8 & 11. My family and I want to go to Beaches Resort in Negril. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the property-best rooms, etc. I have visited this resort in May 2004 for a few hours (when the Cruise Ship docked in Jamaica we went to Beaches for 4hrs). After visiting, I just loved the huge pools, hammocks, turquoise water, etc.
I also would like to know about the price range for June (we will be going next year). And where did you get the best prices from?
I used to be a travel agent for about 5yrs and I have checked Beaches home page and funjet and a travel agent. I found the best price at funjet.com.
Anyone ever renewed their vows at Beaches Resort? If so how was it? Was it worth the money?
Any and all inrformation would be greatly appreciated.
Kimberley
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

One more question, is 5 days enough time to enjoy our vacation? We are on a $5000.00 budget, not including airfare.
Thanks!
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 08:46 AM

We really enjoyed our time at Beaches Negril, we also stayed once at Beaches Sandy Bay(a similar property on the same beach). We book the lowest category rooms and were fine & even upgraded upon arrival twice. We liked our 'premium' upgrade at Negril, but we turned down the 'Suite' upgrade at Sanday Bay because those rooms had not been upgraded at that time we went. Thats right, we took a smaller room because it was nicer at the time.
1) Great choice for 30 somethings with kids
2) I dont know about June, but our mid winter visits were well priced so I would guess there should be discounts for June
3) We went twice with MLT vacations, and another with funjet. If you go Funjet, Traveloni in Chicago will give you a discount off the funjet price(we got an extra 10% off with their non stop air)
4) 5 days is a bit short but OK, try to get 1 week
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

FrankS,
Thanks for your reply. You gave me a lot of great info. is Traveloni a travel booking site? We live in Alabama and would be leaving from bhm airport or atl airport. Could we still get the discount from Traveloni?
Also, how is the weather in mid winter and exactly what months are you referring to? We went to Negril in May and the weather was nice but it was rainy. What about Thanksgiving in November?
Thanks!
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Thanksgiving should be fine but though technically in rainy season, our trips were Jan-March have all been nothing short of spectacular for weather and water.

Here is their website, it says they are a 'Top 5' seller of Funjet, I dont think they could do that just selling to people around here

http://www.traveloni.com/
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

FrankS,
What about spring break-very buisy?
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 09:26 AM

Beaches seems busy whenever we go, so its a part of the trip one has to put up with for the benefits. Unlike the Beaches in Turks & Caicos, Negril nor Sandy Bay really dont have too many corners to hide in. Thats why (imo)upgrading just gets you a better room, or more view but thats it
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM

Spring break is insanely busy in Negril. We try to avoid it whenever we can, although it falls during some of the best weather in Negril ( March and April). May and June can be rainy. At Thanksgiving, we've had a few trips with really good weather, and one that was almost totally washed out. It's really hard to know what it will be like year to year, although November is still hurricane season, so if you're planning to go then, take out travel insurance.
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 03:02 AM

My wife and I have been going to beaches in negril since our late twenties.... We are now in our late thirties.... 3 kids.... 8,5, 1.... They love it.... We love it..... It's just paradise