Negril: Coco LaPalm Room Categories

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I had been toying with the idea of a Mexican honeymoon, but after extensive research we don't think we can get the value for the price and ambiance we can get in Negril. We were there last year and stayed at Blue Cave on the cliffs but for the honeymoon (which will now be in August) we want beach. The two best values we have found are Country Country and Coco Lapalm.

Budget is a big factor so we are leaning towards CCLP. Anyone who has stayed there, are Superior or Deluxe rooms better? From the website it appears the only real difference is number of beds. I would love to say oh let's spring for the nicest room but we really care most about just being on the beach and having good a/c and the other rooms can get MUCH more expensive.

Also, if anyone thinks Country Country is way better than CCLP let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM

Hi Lizzy: CocoLaPalm is our favorite place to stay on Negril beach. We have been staying there every year since 2002. Country Country is nice (great restaurant on the beach), but not in CocoLaPalm's category as far as total resort amenities. You are traveling in August, so I'd book the least expensive room category and upgrade upon arrival, if you feel the need to do so. Occupancy rates will probably run around 30-40 percent that time of year, if that. CCLP is very flexible with their room arrangements and pride themselves on repeat business. Check out my trip report from last June! We are still working out details for our return this year, either in June or November. You will not be disappointed and let me know if you have any other questions on CCLP or Negril.
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM

We stayed at Coco LaPalm mainly due to Caribbeansouls recommendations and weren't disappointed. At the time we booked a package with Apple Vacations through a TA. We booked the lowest room category and then upgraded beforehand directly with CCLP. We ended up staying in one of the beachfront rooms for a reasonable additional cost. The beachfront rooms have great views and CCLP is on a fantastic piece of Negril Beach.
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! We are planning to book through Northwest Air Vacations and wanted to be sure the CCLP wouldn't be mad about that or withhold paid upgrades... sounds like you have a good experience so that makes us feel better!
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM

We also had a continental breakfast included in our package. You could spend maybe $2 more and get a full breakfast which is what we usually did. I think we ate all of our breakfasts there. The setting is nice and it was convenient. Personally, I don't think their dinners were very good. There are plenty of places walking distance for dinner though. We were treated great there. Hurricane Emily decided to cruise by while we were there and the airport closed the day we were to leave. The lady who runs the salon there knew of our plight and gave us her radio to use for the night for updates. The day the hurricane was near, they sent flyers and encouraged guests to order room service which we did. The guy who works the beach soon knew where we liked to sit and would have our chairs set up early in the morning. I wouldn't call CCLP luxurious, but there are a lot of nice, personal touches. They also had a little Manager's Coctail Party one evening around sunset. The hot tub is really nice too and surrounded by lots of beautiful foilage. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM

CC is a lot smaller and more intimate than CCLP, and the individual cottages are different from Coco's larger blocks of rooms.

I think CCLP has a better (larger, wider) beach area though there are more people using it. There are also more restaurant and bar options near CCLP than to CC.

Blue Cave is one of the coolest places we have ever stayed, we're very happy repeaters
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Lizzy - Since it's your honeymoon, why not book their Honeymoon Suite? It seems really nice, and quite reasonable at $195/nt in the off-season. I just booked it for our trip in May.