Beaches Boscobel

May 9th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Carol

Beaches Boscobel

Does anyone know anything about the new Beaches Boscobel that is to open June 1? What about the location?? Planning first trip to Jamaica, family with high school and college age daughters.

May 9th, 2002, 06:38 PM
xxx

Boscobel is east of Ochi. It'll take a full 2 hours to transfer from airport to hotel. I heard that it'll be a "soft opening" till November.

May 9th, 2002, 07:27 PM
colleen

Been to Boscobel 2 years ago and Beaches Negril last year. We took our 2 and 4 year olds to both places. I think your teen daughters would be bored with Boscobel after a few days. They have a petting zoo at Boscobel, if that gives you an indication of the place...great for my little ones.

We loved Beaches Negril. It seemed like a better place for teens. The beach was beautiful and the pools were nicer in Negril. More of a restaurant choice as well. If you can swallow the cost of Beaches Negril, I would take your girls there.

May 12th, 2002, 05:14 PM
mary

We stayed a Boscobel a few years ago. We are a family of 4 loved the resort. The only reason we never returned was that we hated the drive from the airport. My daughter and others on the bus got nausea. The drivers were crazy.
We have stay in Beaches T&C and also loved the resort. Quality of service was first rate.

May 13th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Tami

We stayed at Boscobel a few years ago. That ride from the airport is AWLFUL. I would have paid any amount of money to take the small plane back to the main airport vs. driving back. That's what we did. We went with young children. It was great for them but there is less for teens.

Jul 15th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Emily

I too would like some info. Going there July 19th. Hopefully 18 million goes a long way in Jamaica. Heard the place was really rundown before Sandals bought it.

Jul 15th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Meg

We just got back from Beaches Grande Sport in Ocho Rios and had a great time. It's adults only...you have to be over 16, and that was a nice feature. Beautiful villas built into the mountainside. We had a blast and enjoyed all of the restaurants and activities. Quality of service was awesome and we had no complaints. Bus ride was long, but you can take an air jamaica flight from or to Montego Bay for pretty cheap if you don't want to do the long bus ride. Our driver was pretty good on the bus and we were fine.

Jul 15th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Beth

We took a trip to Boscobel Beach around seven years ago , and I wished someone would have told me about how awful the place was. The reason why I say this is because the hotel dumped sewage near the beach where the guest swam, and my daughter who was 3 at the time got very sick. I don't know if this is the same place, but if it is, I would stay somewhere else. The beach is filled with seaweed and is very small. They have a fence around the property making you feel like it's not safe to leave. The food was very bland. The meat consisted of curry goat and jerk pork(looked like fat back). The fruit was the only good thing. There was no seafood. The hotel was old and run down with bugs in the room. One night someone tried to break in to my in-laws room. We had no hot water to shower with. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture that it was a bad choice to stay there. Back then it was owned by Grand lido.

Jul 15th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Penney

On www.tropictravelonline.com There are pic's of the newly redone resort - said to look great. Beleive it is for families and youth 16 and older so sure they did away with the petting zoo!

Jul 15th, 2002, 12:56 PM
xxx

Boscobel isn't for 16 & over, just Grande Sport. There is a petting zoo and property was opened on July 1st.

Jul 16th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Penney

You are right - it is for all ages!

Sorry!

Jul 16th, 2002, 06:51 AM
amyl

My daughters ages 10 and 13 had the time of their lives at beaches negril. The resort itself was very good, but I wouldn't say great. Food was also good, not great.
Overall we had a wonderful vacation.My husband and I got to relax, the beach was beautiful and large, and the room was very comfortable. I would never bother to go there if I didn't have kids,but it was great for a family vacation. They do an excellent job of getting the teens together, my daughters are still online with their their vacation friends,
The trip from the airport in Jamaica is long, but NOT AWFUL. They taught us a lot about the island, and the kids got the big picture.

Jul 16th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Anon

How did any of you stay at Beaches Boscobel in Jamaica, when it is not even open yet or if so, it just recently opened?

Jul 16th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Emily

It grand opened on July 1st 2002. We are leaving for our vacation there on Friday. Anyone know how the grand opening went?

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:58 AM
cdt

If this new resort is a renovation of the old Boscobel Beach place, old info. about food, rooms, etc. is irrelevant.

However, the beach itself will still be mediocre.

Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:32 PM
ken

we just got back from beaches boscobel July 17-26. Kids 5 & 8. 1st time to Jamaica- Would be happy to answer any questions- Overall we were quite pleased. We were not expecting the Ritz Carlton so the accomodations were OK. The weather was better than expected. Overall the food was better that expected, especially the sparsley attented, adults only Carribean restaurant. Staff went out of their way to be helpful- Scuba was OK- Just 2 of us on a wreck dive with 2 dive captains. Golf at their private club was also OK- The best part for us was the all-inclusive pricing- All the above included,plus 24/7 alcohol. Would generally recommend it.