Beaches Negril OK for Couples & Singles w/o kids

Oct 17th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Ali

Beaches Negril OK for Couples & Singles w/o kids

We're planning a winter trip to Jamaica for the first time. We did Breezes Super Clubs Bahama's a few years ago and really enjoyed the atmosphere and nightlife. Thinking now about Jamaica and a Beaches resort. Would a couple and two single early 30's women have fun at a Beaches resort? Looking for lots of drinks, sun and some fun things to do at the resort. Looking for someplace other than a SuperClubs and Sandles and Couples resorts are out due to the sinlges. Any suggestions?

Oct 18th, 2002, 12:51 PM
dr

I stayed in Negril 4 years ago. I am also single.I was approached by many Jamaican locals who basically wanted to sell their "services" to a single woman who was sunbathing (swimsuit on ) on the beach. I must admit I was very uncomfortable. I believe if I had been with a group that day, this may not have happened.

Oct 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
John

Hi Ali, My wife and I stayed at Beaches Negril in July. Was great. Only downside was the teenagers. However, if you are going when kids are in school it will be great. Please feel free to email me directly.

Oct 25th, 2002, 11:13 AM
packerwmn

My husband & I went to Beaches Negril this past April. It was awesome!! We were there for a wedding and there were several singles in the group. Although there were plenty of kids around - they never detracted from our vacation. Beaches has lots of fun activities if you choose to join in. Be sure to go off the property at least once though - to enjoy the "real" Jamiaca. Let me know if you'd like more info....

Oct 25th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Zake

Hi Ali,
Beaches Negril may be exactly right for your crew. Also look into Beaches Grand Sport if you are all into sporting activities and Beaches Royal Plantation if you want the ultimate in luxury and service. (No one under 18 at BRP).