Beaches T&C in June?

May 14th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Beaches T&C in June?

How is the weather and are the restaurants decent? Have heard good and bad about resort.. I just hope the accomodations are comfortable..??
May 14th, 2004, 05:47 PM

Hi Noelle - when are you going in June? We will be there from June 26th -July 3rd. We've been to Provo before and loved it but this will be our first stay at the Beaches resort. Our last trip to Provo was in June, 2002 and the weather was great - warm, windy with a quick shower just about every day (5 minutes max).

I've also heard good and bad about Beaches T&C (more good than bad). I'm not worried about some of the negatives I've read; I've read negatives about every resort we've ever stayed at before and always ended up enjoying our vacations no matter where we've traveled. Grace Bay is the most spectacular beach I've ever seen; with it being only steps away, everything else is secondary and who could possibly have a bad vacation?
May 16th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Hi Muylinda, we are going June 12th for 4 nights. That is good to know about the weather. It is always a concern considering there isnt much else to do besides relax in the sun..
I am hoping the room is decent. We got the lowest category room but were hoping for an upgrade...
May 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM

We booked the lowest room category and are hoping for an upgrade as well. Our agent told us we had a 50/50 chance so those odds are good in my book. Maybe there is someone out there who can give us the low down on the regular rooms, just in case?
May 17th, 2004, 05:27 AM
cdt

The biggest problem with this resort, in my opinion, is that it's usually overpriced. If you found a really good deal, you've overcome the main negative.

Are you traveling with children? This is really the main reason to choose a Beaches resort. It's very much geared toward families and there are lots of activities for kids.

For an "adults only" trip to Provo, I would book elsewhere and spend less.

May 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

I got a pretty good deal. $1876 total for 2 people for 4 nights. We do not have children but, wanted to try an all inclusive. We heard this resort has a nice beach..
May 17th, 2004, 10:07 AM
cdt

The vast majority of the accommodations on Provo, including Beaches, are located on Grace Bay, which is a terrific beach, about 10 miles long. The water is usually pretty calm because of a barrier reef about a mile offshore.

The most crowded beach area we saw was right in front of Beaches, but if you walk a bit east or west it's much quieter. A short stroll to the west is Coral Gardens, where you can snorkel from shore.

Now that the Allegro is closed, the only real all-inclusive resorts on the island are Beaches and Club Med (not counting condo complexes that may have meal plans available). Club Med has a spectacular long stretch of beachfront, but I've heard that the rooms are pretty basic. I suspect that its "swinging singles" image is overstated - we saw plenty of middle-aged couples there on our frequent walks past the resort.

Search this Thread