Search

Xanadu question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2005, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xanadu question

I just posted a question earlier, asking in general about Ambergris hotels (We stayed at Victoria House last time, but they have nothing in our budget available this time). We just started looking at Xanadu and it looks great, but is there really no bar or restaurant? That would be hard to believe, but makes a difference, as it's always nice to have a drink at the pool, etc.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 12:01 PM

Xanadu is a lovely place. They are a "condotel" and don't have a restaurant or regular bar, but there are plenty of places nearby. For a drink by the pool, just stick a few Belikins or a bottle of rum in your fridge.

--Lan Sluder
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Lan. Would you recommend Xanadu over Banyan Bay? We are a couple with no children...looking to go for 4 nights and be close to town.
Thanks as always!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:08 PM

For a nice condo, look at the Palms. For more of a resort atmosphere, how about Ramon's? If you don't need a pool, the condos at Belizean Reef are absolutely beautiful.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:43 AM

Banyan Bay, The Palms and Xanadu are all great. I personally would give the slight edge to Banyan Bay as it is on the best beach (Xanadu has a seawall and The Palms is right at the edge of town), but Banyan Bay only has two-bedrooms, two-bath units (and I think one or two three-bedroom units), and a lot of people don't need that. Banana Beach next door to Banyan Bay is also excellent, and has everything from rooms to four-bedroom suites. There are some other good condo-type places as well -- Belizean Reef, Coral Bay, Paradise Villas, Mayan Princess and Belizean Shores (on North Ambergris), among others.

--Lan Sluder