Websites/Suggestions for Lodging in Rio

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Websites/Suggestions for Lodging in Rio

Three of us are heading to Rio in late May and will spend about a week in Rio. We are looking for suggestions on how to find lodging i.e. websites, booking agents, government booking. We know very little about the area, but we will research. If you would share some ideas, we would appreciate.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:41 AM

Here are some basic sites for lodging reservations, take a look at some hotels and if you have any questions just ask on this board there are plenty of people who have stayed at various hotels in Rio. What is your price range and what type of amenities do you prefer. Do you want to be close to the city or you don't care?
www.blameitonrio4travel.com
www.ipanema.com
www.debret.com
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:00 PM

Hello.
Last month I suggested someone in this forum to stay in Hotel Debret (www.debret.com) in Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro.
A few weeks ago that person posted a notice, telling he was most pleased with this hotel (accomodations, staff, location, price etc), so you may try it.
I see the previous post quotes Hotel Debret's website.
Some major Rio de Janeiro attractions: the magnificent views (mountains of Pão de Açúcar and Corcovado), beautiful urban beaches (Copacabana, Ipanema), historic places/monuments/museums, you may visit them on your own.
Taxis are cheap (however, make sure the taxi driver starts running the meter). There are air-conditioned urban buses, and a metro.
General information and photos: www.ipanema.com (portuguese / english) www.bondinho.com.br (portuguese / english).
Don't hesitate to ask me for more information, have a nice trip !
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 06:08 PM

Has anyone ever rented a condo from Peter Corr at fantastic Rio condos? Also, if you take a prepaid taxi from the airport to Impanena, is the cost per cab or per person?
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 08:57 AM

We used www.blameitonrio4travel.com to book our hotel, which a previous poster also suggested. They were very helpful in making suggestions, and arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport. I believe they also book private tours as well. We had no problems with our arrangements in Rio and they were pretty responsive, always getting back to us within a day.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:39 PM

I used blameitonrio4travel also and got a better rate for a hotel than I could on my own